Chapter 7 Shays POV

Wrote this on my iPhone so please excuse the grammar mistakes. I will get round to changing it.

Comment, Vote, Fan =]

____________________________________________________________________________________

I wish I didn't have to leave her alone with him, but what can I do. I climbed into the police car and watched as she closed the door. God I wish I could take her away from all this.

I looked out the window of the police car trying not to think about her, trying to not let myself get too involved, yet here I was being taking to the police station to be questioned because of some stupid mans theory off how i hated his dad and deliberately crashed his car, so I could kill his parents. I mean is he serious.

The drive to station was quicker than I thought, I climbed out of the car and followed the officer into the station. He sent me into an interview room and told to wait. Great more time alone for me to think about her, the girl I met only last night, and the day after I'm comforting her and can't get her out of my head.

After what felt like hours of waiting someone finally entered the room.

"Mr Watson, I'm inspector Peirce and this is inspector Dewson, I'm going to ask you a few questions about the suspected murder of Mr and Mrs Matthews, "

She paused and looked at me, as though waiting for me to reply, how I do reply to that? I decided a slight nod would do.

"Ok then, so how do you know Mr and Mrs Matthews" she looked up at me with her poker face, damn do these people never show expression.

"I worked for Mr Matthews, that is how I know him, I met his wife once, we never spoke we was just introduced" I tryed to sound relaxed, although I have nothing to hide these people have a way of twisting things.

"I see, and what exactly was it Mr Matthews employed you too do?"

"I was a bartender in his nightclub, club zero it was called, whether he still owns it or not I do not know" this is where I panic, bartender, I was from a bartender working for him, but I couldn't tell them what he really employed me to do.

"I believe there was a slight dispute between you and Mr Mathews son earlier this evening, at a place called the hut I believe, care to tell me why?"

"I didn't appreciate the way he was speaking to his girlfriend, I had to interrupt, he took it to far and pounced on me" I was calmer now, luckily they didn't seem interested in me working with him.

"Do you often interrupt into conversations which are not involving yourself?"

"Not usually no" here we go this is the part when they start to twist things.

"So why did you this time?"

"Dont know" I answerd sharply

"I see, and I believe you was working at the hut, what time did you finish?"

"11pm"

"Right I thinks that's all for the time being, we made need to speak to you again Mr Watson, so don't leave the country. Your free to go"

I arose from my seat and left, luckily that wasnt too bad.

I walked outside and the cold icy breeze hit me like a tonne of bricks, great a nice three mile walk to go and collect my car from Amberleys. I might just walk home and collect my car in the morning, probably best I stay away from her for the time being.

I finally make it home, and decide to just flop onto my bed. Usually I would shower before bed, but right now, that just seems like to much effort. Sleep seems perfect right now .

I awoke to my phone ringing, why do people feel the need to text me whilst I'm sleeping, it's 2am for crying out loud. I grab my phone and realise the message is from Amberley,

"Hope everything went ok at the station"

Before I knew I had the dial button, I probably shouldn't be doing this but I need to make sure she is ok.

"Hello" She answered quietly, must mean he is still there.

"Hey beautiful, how are you feeling, that prick hasn't said anything to you has he?" I asked her, god I hope she says no.

"No, but I don't think it's a good idea for me too speak to you, not whilst he is here anyway, if he hears he will kick off"

I here a loud bang at the other end of the phone, god he heard her, I knew I shouldnt of called her, I feel so guilty.

"I told you to leave her alone, I swear if I find out, you have been near her, rang her, text her or even think about her I will break every bone in your body do you understand?" he yelled down the phone, seriously am I meant to be scared.

"Dont you dare threaten me...." the line went dead.

Damn you, why did you ring her, I sad to myself whilst smacking myself in the head.

I stand up quickly, I need to go round there.

No ill just make things worse.

But I need to go, I need to see she is ok.

He loves her though he wouldn't hurt her.

Would he?