Chapter 2

“Come on Amberley I've been waiting for hours,” Shaunna screeched up the stairs.

“Over exaggerating much, I'll be down in 10,”

I sprayed more hairspray on my hair, few squirts of perfume, and took one last look in the mirror. Without sounding big headed, I looked good. I had my most favourite dress on, pale pink, with one sleeve and gold along the top; it clung in all the right places. My long blonde hair was to one side, all curled with loose bits at the front, I slipped on my killer heels, which I know I would regret wearing by the end of the night. I walked downstairs where Shaunna was waiting impatiently.

“I hate you,” she giggled “it's not fair you look so amazing, and your legs, I would die to get your legs,”

I laughed and I locked up the house and made my way to the cab. We didn't talk much on the way, I was thinking about tomorrow night with Damo's parents, I loved his mum to bits but, for some reason his dad hated me. I don’t know whether he thinks I'm not good enough for his son because my mum isn't loaded or what, I wish he would just spit it out; no wonder his son has anger issues with a father like him.

I miss my mum though, since she got this new job she is always away. I'm happy for her though. She went through a really bad time when my father died, although they had been split up for over a year, he used to come round and spend a lot of time with me, it must of been a shock to find out he had been murdered, I was only 5 so I didn't really understand.

“You getting out? Or you just going to ride around with the cab driver all night?” I didn't even notice we was here, too deep in thought I guess.

“Keep your knickers on, I'm coming,” laughing I tried to get out the taxi in a lady like way, my dress was quite short.

We was stood outside a bar called The Hut. Luckily it wasn't one of those swanky bars where they look down there nose at you if you buy a drink that cost less than ten dollars. The place was nice though, and there was a nice friendly atmosphere. The walls were all magnolia with canvas pictures of New York scattered around.

We walked over to bar, I noticed Shaunna fidgeting and crossing her legs,

“You just go to the ladies, I'll order ok,” she thanked me and run off.

“Can I have two cocktails please?” I shouted to the barman, he looked round,

“And what kind of cocktail would you like beautiful,” he winked, making me blush, this guy was gorgeous. He was tall, and muscly, dark hair and amazing dark eyes, I didn't even realise how much I was staring until I seen a hand wave in front of me.

“I'd love to stand here all day and let you perve at me, but sadly I have a job to do, so which kind of cocktail would you like?” he was grinning; I think he was relishing the fact I was probably blushing.

“Surprise me,” I winked trying to be sexy, he probably thinks I'm a right Muppet, I mean he must get it all the time. He placed the drinks on the bar, I handed over some money, he shook his head, and I looked at him confused,

He smiled “There on me,” wow his smile is amazing

“Why?” nice one, I could just hit myself right now, how ungrateful do I sound,

“Well, I'm only working here for the weekend; it's my mate’s bar he asked me to look after it while he was away,”

I stared at him still confused.

“And what's that got to do with buying me a drink,” he smirked

“Well I decided before I started I would buy the most beautiful woman who came in, a drink,” he winked again; I wish he wouldn't he looks so hot when he does.