Chapter Seven

"FUCK!" Ash's scream woke me up, Ash had moved herself into our third bedroom a couple of weeks after the incident as she calls it, I look at my phone to see that it is 8:45am way too early for Ash to be awake on a Sunday and I didn't set my alarm until 9 seen as how my shift at work doesn't start until 10:30 and I've been unexplainably tired all the time lately.

I stumble out of my room and make it to Ash's, "What the fuck Ash?"

"You got any back up pads?"

"Yeah sure gimme a second..." I make my way back into my room and find an unopened packet of pads... sitting next to another packet of unopened pads... strange I feel like it's been ages since I've had to buy pads.

"Here." I chuck the pads at her and make my way into the kitchen to make myself some bacon and eggs.

"I make them better make me a coffee." Caleb grumbles as Maddy sleepily, plonks herself down on a chair and drops her head on the table.

I shrug and make my way to the mugs, as I'm pouring the hot water into the coffee the smell that greets my nose immediately turns my stomach. "The fuck?" I quickly sprint to my room and throw up in the toilet.

I walk back out to see a pale Caleb and an angry Ashleigh.

"What's up?"

"When was your last period?" Ash growls.

I arch my eyebrows in surprise, "Woah back up what kind of question is that?!"

"When Emily?"

I think back and honestly can't remember. I shake my head as I can't remember.

Caleb looks at me then looks away, "Emily you have been tired all the time lately, haven't had your period in awhile, too much info by the way, and just threw up at the smell of something."

My eyes widen at what they are implying, "Woah come on guys I'm not stupid and it was like only one night and we used protection, I'm on the pill!"

"You sure?"

I think for a minute..."Well fuck, because of the move and our parents and everything I haven't been on my pill for like 4 months, but Grim used protection."

"The whole night...?"

"Ye.....no..."

"Dammit Emily, he just knocked you up and ditched you!"

"He did not Ashleigh, he leaves for long periods all the time it's fine. Look I've got to get ready for work I'll buy a heap of pregnancy tests and try them at home. If they come back positive I tell Grim if not he doesn't need to know."

Waiting for the 8 hours at work to pass was the slowest clock watching I had ever done in my life. Once I had clocked off for the day and locked up the shop I headed to a chemist and bought 6 pregnancy test kits, with a judgy look on her face the cashier rung through my purchases and without a word I paid and left.

"Okay your all good Emily false alarm and all that fun stuff; you could just have a bug." Ashleigh tried to relieve the tension as we waited for the results.

I picked up the first kit, then the second, then the third and so on until I had read all the positive signs. Well shit I'm pregnant.

"So?"

"How much do you think a baby crib is worth?"

"Oh Emily..." Ashleigh leans forward and gives me a hug.

"It's all good I've just gotta send a text and now I need to plan out the rest of my year and Traineeship."

TEXT MESSAGE