Chapter Five

"Alrighty we can't wait any longer, what furniture do we want?" We had finally moved out of the unit leaving Hayden there to organise himself with a new flat mate. Grim hadn't come around for 4 months since moving into our new 3 bedroom house, Grim had said he would organise furniture once we had moved all our stuff in to see what we needed. That's only the third time he has let me down. I sigh quietly as Caleb starts looking through furniture catalogues.

"Our lounge room is big enough for that L-shape couch you want and a 2 seater as well then we need dining table and chairs like a 6 seater so that it's big enough for your homework and a washing machine if we can get a cheap one." Caleb kept his head down as he started listing off what we needed.

"Okay well we can't afford everything straight away so we should get dining table first then washing machine then couches, seen as how you have a bean bag and I can deal with the floor for a while."

"Come on Emily lift your game he's only been gone a few months it's what happens in the kind of business he's in." Caleb bumps his shoulder against mine.

"I know but a good bye or even a check up phone call in all these months would have been nice, I also don't think that's asking him too much either."

Caleb sighs, "No its not but he probably just forgot and has lost track of time."

"Caleb the only reason I know he is okay is because of the text updates one of the initiates sends me at the end of every week."

Caleb puts his arm around my shoulders and squeezes me to his side, "What's he going to get when he does come home?"

"I'm going to give him a kiss and a hug and then I'm going to smack him until he promises to never do that to me again, I might even shoot him I haven't decided yet."

Caleb chuckles, "You are so evil what did Grim do to deserve you?"

"Not my problem the dickhead should have kept in touch."

I felt a muscular arm wrap around my waist and pull me away from Caleb, before I could grab my gun I came face to face with Grim who looked a little worse for wear but was alive.

"You wouldn't be talking about me would you beautiful?" Grim growled into my ear taking my ear lobe between his teeth and giving it a punishing nip.

"Yes I would be you dickhead, why didn't you call? Or at least say good bye? I wake up one morning to nothing you had taken all your stuff including you fucking toothbrush, what was I supposed to think? You could of just fucking up and left me you stupid, inconsiderate asshole." I hadn't realised how much Grim leaving the way he did had affected me. I just shook my head and pushed myself out of his grip and preceded both Caleb and Grim into the furniture store.

I was looking at everything I passed while also listening in on Grim and Caleb's conversation seen as how they weren't that far behind me.

"How was I supposed to leave?" Grim's gruff voice washed over me and as much as I would never admit it out loud I was so glad to see him again.

"The least you could of done man is left her a note, she's more sensitive than she lets on."

"It was the middle of the night and the phone lines weren't safe."

"You can't use that excuse on her there was enough communication that an initiate was keeping her updated on your condition."

"Fuck." Grim growled. Serves him right if he wants a fucking relationship he needs to realise I worry about him every minute of the day he doesn't contact me. I just shake my head and choose a dining table 6 seater, cushioned seats, some kind of wood that's durable.