Epilogue

15 YEARS LATER

It had been 3 years since I had seen my baby boy but it was the sacrifice we both agreed to make so that I could get out of the life. 

Grimm had decided to step down as President finally. He had patched Jacob in when he was 15 and promoted him to Vice President on his seventeenth birthday so by his eighteenth he was ready to take over, which was 3 years ago.

Axel and Stone remained at Jacob's side as he became president, it helped me relax knowing he was protected by the best. Even throughout the years with all the training and horrific things he would have seen he has still remained my baby boy when he was in the privacy of Grimm's home. When Jacob took over I was finally able to leave. Grimm had finally realised the toxicity of our relationship and had claimed another woman 5 years ago, they now had two kids.

Due to this and Jacob's apparent dislike for me in public I was able to leave, I moved interstate having nothing holding me in Victoria, my brother and his family had moved to America a decade back to also get away from the life and Ash was tied to the twins. She was still happy and had 5 kids.

It was Jacob's birthday today and because I was feeling nostalgic and a little lonely I bought a cupcake from the little bakery within walking distance of my little beach house and made my way to the beach. I found a nice quiet spot on the beach and lit the candle, I placed the cupcake on the sand and let a tear slip before I wiped my cheeks and smiled at the cupcake knowing that this was for the best.

"What's the occasion?"

The deep voice startled me, I looked up and took in the rather handsome man standing a little away from me.

"It's my son's birthday." I whisper as I smile slightly at the cupcake.

"Do you mind if I join you?"

"Sure."

"I'm going to just shoot my shot. Would you like to grab a coffee?"

I smile at him before saying, "It's a shame that I don't really like coffee."

He smiles as well, "That is a shame, how about we grab ice cream instead."

"Yeah, ice cream sounds good."