chapter 13

Cabir and Dhruv where outside the Principal 's office, busy doing some paperwork.
When they notice ,Aliya, Mukti and Navya rushing towards them.
Mukti : where is Manik? ???
Navya : aur Nandini? ????
Aliya : we just heard about the whole incident. .....and why didn't you guys inform us about it! !!!!
Dhruv ( trying to calm her down ): sab kuch itna jaldi -jaldi hua. ...
Ki kuch bhi socchne aur samajhne ka mauka hi nehin mila. ....Nandini ki halaat bilkul bhi theek nehin thi aur Manik bhi. ...pareshaan tha
Cabir : calm down girls. ....the good news is. ...ki inn jerks ko bail nehin milne wali hai aur Nandini. ....she is safe with Manik. ....woh usse ghar leke gaya hai
After that incident, Nandini was like a statue. While driving back home, she never uttered a single word and this made Manik restless.
Manik had never seen Nandini, this quiet . It was difficult for him to cope with this and mostly, to handle the situation.
Opening the door of the bedroom, Manik hurriedly moved towards Nandini's wardrobe. Taking one of Nandini's night dress,Manik gathered the strength to face her.
Manik ( his voice breaking ): Nandini
Nandini raised her eyes to look at him. Her eyes, where devoid of all kinds of emotions and this scared Manik.
Manik : Nandini. ...change kar lo
Saying this, Manik escorted her to the bathroom.
Giving the clothes and towel to her, Manik closed the door behind him.
Tears started rolling down Maniks eyes.
Manik ( pov ) : kyon? ????..... kyon usse taklif diya bhagwan? ???....I just can't see her in pain .....I just can't! !!!
Maniks thoughts were interrupted, as he heard something fall inside the bathroom.
Manik opened the door and rushed inside the bathroom and he he was shocked.
Manik saw, Nandini sitting below the shower and crying helplessly. Manik rushed towards her.
Manik sat on his knees in front of Nandini and raised her face.
Manik, then slowly rubbed her face and tried to clean the dirt on it.
Nandini ( pov ) : kis mitti ka baane ho tum Manik. ...itna sab kuch hone ke baad bhi tum mere saath ho. ....mera saaya ho. ...meri himaat ho. ...nehin Nandini,tu kamzor nehin ho sakti. ....tu Manik ki Nandini hai. ..aur tujhe usske liye. ...khud ko sambhal na hi hoga. ....tu usse aur taklif nehin da sakti! !!!!!
Nandini just closed her eyes.
Manik looked at her pale face and then at the red mark's.
Manik ( pov ) : I am so sorry. ....I am really sorry Nandini. ....shaadi ke waqt maine tumhe hamesha protect karne ki kasam khayi thi. ....but I failed. ...I failed you. ...yeh sab kuch aaj meri wajah se hua. ....main hi tumhe protect nehin kar paya. ....I am not a good husband! !!!!!
Angrily, Manik went out of the bathroom.
On opening her eyes ,Nandini realised that Manik was not there.
Nandini ( pov ) : Manik meri himaat hai. ...main usse kabhie tootne nehin dungi. ..maat bhul Nandini. ....tu sirf Nandini nehin, balki Nandini Manik Malhotra hai....aur tu kabhie weak nehin ho sakti! !!!!!!