chapter 12

It was a welcome distraction for Nandini, to visit the old building of the college.
Nandini ( pov ) : ayyappa. ....just forgive me. ...ki maine Manik pein shaq kiya. ....how stupid I was. .....I should definitely say him sorry. ....it was a big mistake. ....main kabhie bhi aapne aapko maaf nehin kar paungi! !!!!!
Collecting the files for her assignment, Nandini headed towards the basketball court, which was the short cut to reach the new building of the college.
Nandini was so much engrossed in her thoughts, that she became completely oblivious of her surroundings.
On reaching the basketball court, Nandini realised that she was not the only one present over there.
Nandini ( pov ) : yeh log. ....yeh log kaun hai? ????......aur alcohol. ....college premises mein alcohol! !!!!.....kya karu ????yaha se toh nikalna parega. ....ek kaam karti hu. ....side se ignore kar ke nikal jati hu. ....haan! !!!yeh hi sahi hai. ...help me ayyappa
Taking ayyappa's name,Nandini decided to cross the basketball court.
There were five to six boys, sitting on a jeap. They where busy chatting among themselves.
The boys were completely drunk and out of their senses.
On seeing Nandini, one of the boys whistles.
On listening the whistle, Nandini felt disgusted and scared, and she started moving faster.
But the boys took this as a hunt and chased her, to one of corners, of the basketball court.
The blood left Nandini's face, she got scared like hell and dropped the files from her hands.
One of the boys, commented drunkenly "sab sahie hai. ...par yeh dupatta ". Saying this, he tried to remove it with his hand .
Nandini slapped the boy across his face.
Nandini ( her voice shaking ): stay. ...away from me! !!!
The boy got so much furious, that he jerked Nandini by her arms and tried to force himself on her.
Whereas his friends were busy, making a video of it.
Nandini was crying like hell. She just felt disgusted, by the touch of that perverts hands. Nandini closed her eyes in anguish and just one thing crossed her mind -Maniks face.
Gathering all her strength and might, Nandini pushed that guy hard, making him fall on the ground, and she started running towards the gate.
The other boys on realising, what just happened to their friend, got enraged and started to run after her.
Nandini while running hits her leg on a stone and was about to fall, when she felt someone's strong arms holding her.
Nandini didn't dare to open her eyes. Her whole face was black, due to dust and her flowing tears. Her hair was messed up. Her dress, torn with mark's of nail, everywhere on her arms and neck.
Seeing this Manik got scared and tears started to roll down his eyes. Manik raised his hand and touched Nandini's face, but she was so scared, that she turned her face in the opposite direction, and refused to open her eyes.
Realising that Nandini was scared, Manik took her in his arms, and held her near his chest.
Manik ( trying to stop his tears ): Nandini. ..its me .....Manik. ..main yahi hu
On hearing Maniks voice, Nandini hugged him back and felt reliefed, that she was in the safest place in this whole world -in her Maniks arms.
Tears started rolling down a fresh and Nandini hugged him more tightly.
Nandini ( trying hard to speak ): Ma. .....Manik
Manik ( consoling her ): kuch nehin hua. ...shhh
When Manik saw few boys, rushing towards him.
On listening the approaching sound of the boys, Nandini got scared and broke the hug. She just hid behind Manik.
Nandini ( crying ): Manik yeh log. ...yeh log! !!!!!
Dragging her in a side hug, Manik wiped of her tears.
Manik : kuch nehin. ...shhh. ..main ho na. ...kuch nehin hoga
Saying this Manik took of his blazer and covered Nandini with it.
Cabir and Dhruv, who where silent viewer's, decided to step in and started hitting those boys.
Cabir : Manik tu Nandini ko sambhal. ...hum inn kutto ko dekhte hai
Dhruv : haan buddy. ....Nandini needs you! !!!
Without arguing or saying anything, Manik took Nandini to a corner and made her sit on an old chair.
Giving her an assuring smile Manik said " main bass abhi aya! !!!!!"
Manik turned his back on Nandini and started folding his shirt sleeves and his eyes were red.
Manik also joined the fight. Cabir and Dhruv where successful in making all the boys, bleed like hell and one of the boy's ,was being taken special care, by Manik himself.
Manik was launching punches on the boy's face.
Manik ( pov ) : how dare ,you scare her? ???....how dare, you make her cry? ???....how dare, you touch her? ???....how dare you? ????
Cabir (scared ) : Manik. ..leave him. ....woh mar jaega! !!!!
Dhruv : haan buddy. ..just leave! !!!!
Closing his eyes, Manik just saw Nandini's teary face, her torn clothes and the mark's on her body. This infuriated Manik even more, when he felt a soft touch on his arms.
Nandini ( shivering ): Manik
Disgusted ,Manik left the boy and hugged Nandini.
He had never seen Nandini, so broken, so shattered and so helpless. Neither, he ever wanted to see her like that.