Going to Bed

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

We headed back to the campsite when it started to get dark.

I held Luna's hand tightly, not wanting to get lost in the woods in the dark. She didn't seem to mind.

When we got back to camp we saw that Xeno had put up two tents. One that was quite small, probably for one person, and one that was big enough for two.

"I'm in the small one already," he announced as we picked up our bags to put them in our tents.

"Okay, daddy," Luna told him, putting her bag into the larger tent. I did the same as her.

When I looked in the tent I saw that there was only one bed. It was big... But there was still only one. The tent was also fairly small... It must not have been one of the ones that expanded on the inside...

"Sorry!" Xeno called to us from inside his tent. "I couldn't find the two small beds!"

"That's okay, daddy!" she shouted back at him, turning to me. "Would you like to sleep on the side closer to the tent wall or the one not close to the tent wall?"

"Whatever works for me, Luna."

"I think I would like the side not close to the tent wall. Is that okay?"

"That sounds good," I told her with a smile.

"Could I go in and change first?"

"Of course, Luna."

She smiled and disappeared into the tent, changing into her pajamas.

When she came out she was wearing a onesie. It was blue with little bunnies all over it. I smiled and told her she looked adorable. Then I went into the tent and changed to my pajamas.

I came out in my blue plaid flannel pants and a white t-shirt. Luna smiled at me and told me I looked adorable, but I didn't believe her. How could this be adorable?

Even though I didn't believe that I was adorable, I still smiled at her.

When we were done brushing our teeth and things, we went back into the tent. Me first, because I was sleeping on the tent side of the bed, and then Luna climbed in after me, stopping to zip the tent up.

When Luna was done zipping the tent up she sat down on the bed next to me. I smiled at her.

"You're really cute, Neville," she told me, smiling back.

"You're cuter," I told her, laying down.

"I love you," she said, laying down next to me.

I put my arm around her.

She smiled and put her head on my chest.

"I like listening to your heartbeat," she told me.

"Good," I said, kissing her head.

"I love you, Neville."

"I love you," I told her.

"Goodnight. Don't let the nargles bite."

"Goodnight, honey. Don't let the nargles bite," I said, chuckling a little.

She smiled and closed her eyes.

Soon she was asleep.