Going Home

CHAPTER THREE

Luna and I helped clean up a little bit, and we also comforted some of our friends that needed comforting (like the Weasleys), and now it was time to go home.

But I don't want to go home.

Going home would mean that I would have to leave Luna. And I didn't want to leave Luna. I wanted to stay with her. I wanted to be with her for as long as I could...

"Neville?"

I looked into her silvery, blue eyes.

"Yes, Luna?" I asked.

"Do you want to come home with me and meet Daddy?"

I was shocked. We'd been dating for less than 24 hours and she wanted me to meet her father... I guess we had been friends for some time now... But I still didn't know what to think.

"Uh.."

"I think it'd be nice to have him meet you. Maybe you can search for Crumpled Horn Snorkacks together!"

I loved it when she talked about those crazy creatures.

"Sure, Luna. I'd love to meet your dad."

She smiled up at me, and then looked dreamily into space.

***

We arrived at Luna's father's house a little while after 3 'o clock. Luna climbed the stairs of the house that seemed to be a little bit destroyed... He must still be fixing it a litte... It was destoryed previously by Death Eaters...

I followed Luna up the stairs.

She knocked on the door.

My heart seemed to beat faster.

What if he doesn't like me?