When It Began

CHAPTER ONE

I, Neville Longbottom, love Luna Lovegood. I know that for a fact. But I was always so scared to say something... I was scared of what she would think, say, or do if I ever asked her on a date... I thought about her every day, every morning, every afternoon, every evening, every day, every second. I thought about Luna every single second of the day. I really loved her. I loved everything about her, the way she talked, the way she seemed to make no sense to others but didn't really mind... She was perfect. In every single way, she was perfect. She was the missing piece to me.

What would she say when I told her I loved her? What would she do? Would it tear our friendship apart? Or would it become something more? I hoped it would become something more... Boy, did I hope... But what if it didn't... What if she didn't want to be with me... How could our friendship possibly stay the same?

"Today. Today you tell her. Today you become a Gryffindor, Neville Longbottom. Today you be brave," I thought to myself while blocking spells from Death Eaters, then shooting spells right back back at them. Even now, at a time that could be so close to his death, I was thinking of none other than Luna Lovegood.

"Neville!" calls Harry Potter, standing next to Ginny Weasley, "How are you doing?"

"Never better! I feel like I could spit fire!" I shouted back over all the noise, "You haven't seen Luna, have you?"

"Luna?" Harry called back, sounding a bit confused, but Ginny smiled, knowing about his feelings for Luna.

"I'm mad for her! Guess it's about time I told her, since we're probably both be dead by dawn!" I yelled back at them, already running to find Luna.

If I were a little blonde cutie... Where would I be during a war? If I were Luna Lovegood, where would I be hiding?

After a while of searching, I saw her. I followed her, and eventually caught up to her. We were at the bottom of the staircase.

"Luna," I smiled at her.

"Neville Longbottom," she looked up at me.

"I need to tell you something. Before we're both gone."

"Are wrackspurts in your brain, Neville? You seem flustered."

"No, Luna. I think my head is clear. I think I'm just nervous... Or scared. But it doesn't matter. I need to tell you."

"Nervous... That's a curious thing to feel at a time like this," she said, talking about the war that was going on around us.

"I love you," I blurted out, not wanting to keep it from her any longer.

She just smiled at me.

"Luna. I love you. I love you. I love you."

Before I could say it again, she was pressing her lips up against mine, and for a few seconds, I forgot about the world. It seemed as if it was only Luna and me. I forgot there was a war going on around us. I just thought about her.

__________________________

Author's Note:

This is my first fanfiction. I ship Nuna so hard that I can't even explain it... I need them to be together, so here they are. Together at last.

I do not own anything. I'm sadly not J.K. Rowling.

Please tell me if you like or dislike this story... I really want to know. :)

I'll write more later. :)

Oh, and a big thanks to my friend Ginny for coming up with the name for me. :)