Chapter 38: Loving My Mate

Chapter 38
Loving My Mate

After Dave told me that he would love me always and forever, I just couldn't help but be a bastard. But that couldn't deny the fact that I was so ecstatic and it felt like I was the happiest man in the world when Dave told me that he loved me. I told him I loved him, too.

My mate loves much just as much as I love him.

Which makes everything perfect. The whole day I can't think straight, my mind is only flashing images of Dave. Now I'm happily packing my stuff, not really caring to fold my clothes and put them neatly inside the big luggage that I've brought with me when they decided to bring me here in the Shaman world.

The Shaman's world is really beautiful. When I chose to sulk here in my room, if it weren't for Marcus, I wouldn't have seen how beautiful the Shaman world is. It's different from Earth, and this world has a very unique ring on it. But home is home, and my home is on Earth, with Dave. Perhaps before we go away and leave this world, I could take Dave on a date while we're here. We're not really leaving not until later, when Queen Shedia figures out a plan.

The Queen of the Shamans plans to send a lot of best Shamans to restore the old Spirit Realm, Land of Second Chances. Dave has told the Queen that there's another Guardian; not just him and Marcus, but also Brent, who is a Guardian of the Zodiacs. The Queen would like to have Brent as the leader of the Shamans when they invade the Spirit Realm to revive the once-beautiful Spirit Realm.

Brent agreed with that, stating that he'd be more than happy to help.

After putting my stuff inside the luggage, I zip it, forcing it to be closed and I groan when some of the clothes I have put messily inside fall on the side. I unzip the luggage again, shove back the clothes, and try to zip the luggage again, this time with more force. Once satisfied, I grin to myself and put the luggage on the floor. I sigh as I realize my job here is done, so I head out of the room, deciding to go where my mate is. Probably he's with Marcus; Marcus is probably telling him about how I was so miserable and a crybaby when he wasn't beside me.

Marcus is just like that. He's a nosy bastard who likes to put his nose in someone else's business when he isn't supposed to be. He does that to embarrass someone, and his target is me. But Marcus is my best friend, really. If he weren't here to support me, I might have gone feral already. Marcus was the only one who kept me sane through the hard time of my life – that was when my mate left me to do his task. I'm not blaming my mate, though. I would die first before I blame him for my misery; but when it comes to me getting hard, I blame him much.

My assumptions are proven correct when I find my mate throwing his head back, his laugh echoing around the living room as Marcus tells him something, and my best friend just happens to have a very big smile tugged on his lips, satisfied with my Dave's reaction. That triggers a jealousy inside me, and they are burning hard. Just earlier, I was just telling myself that Marcus was really a good friend to me, but now, I want to snap his neck just because of making my mate so happy. It's supposed to be my job.

Zane low growls in his throat, and Marcus whips his head to my direction.

His eyes widen, putting his hands up in surrender as he gives me a cheeky smile and I roll my eyes at him. Dave stops laughing, looking at my direction and he frowns. I pout when I realize that I'm the cause of his disappearing smile.

"Would you like to go somewhere with me?" I ask my mate meekly, kind of scared that he would reject the invitation, when I know, deep in my heart, that he will agree to join me. "I mean, that is if you want to."

My jerk of a best friend laughs at that, trying to conceal it with a cough but the laugh escapes his lips, making him sound like a horse having a hysteria attack. Rolling my eyes at him, flipping him off, my mate frowns at my rude action and hits me on my wrist, making me groan in pain. I pout at him, giving him a puppy eyes look and Marcus whispers something in his breath that rings loudly in my ears, replaying in my head like a broken record: whipped.

I give my jerk of a best friend an icy glare, showing him how I hate him right now. It's just that there's still jealousy in my heart even though that Marcus has a mate already. I know that he will never be attracted to my mate because for one, I would kill him if he does; and two, he's already head over heels with his mate even though they have yet to meet personally.

"Yes, Perry. I will go somewhere with you," Dave beams at me, nodding his head, making his hair bounce in anticipation and I feel myself sighing in relief. "Now where will we go?"

I think, putting my index finger underneath my chin, ignoring my best friend. "Well, I figured we could stroll around the park that I saw earlier," I suggest. When I left earlier just to see where's the good place where I could take my mate, there's this park that I saw while walking casually. The park has a nice view of a clear ocean, and there are different creatures in the ocean. It's kind of weird though, seeing spirit sea creatures. Though I still believe that Dave would love it as much as I do. "We could eat – Shaman street foods, really – while we stroll around the park. The park has definitely a good view, and you'd see something crazy in there."

"When do you plan to take me?" Dave asks, grinning.

Being a bitch he is, Marcus says something that makes Dave cough loudly. "Oh believe me, he plans on taking you every night." I glare at him, whacking the back of his head and he groans, glaring daggers at me. "Ouch, you mofo."

"Ignore him; Marcus is just a whiny little bitch," I say to my mate, who has a tinge of dark pink in his cheeks, ears, and neck. His lips are in a purse, looking anywhere but me. I shoot my best friend another glare as he's about to open his mouth to say something probably more vulgar and awkward but he shuts his mouth close when he sees me glaring at him. "Let's go, babe. Just don't mind this fool."

"Hey, you're hurting me." Marcus feigns hurt by my words, which earns him an eye roll from me. "Whatever, you're still whipped when it comes to your mate." He states, turning on his heels, leaving both Dave and I.

Thankful for Marcus's presence disappearing, I grab my mate's hand and tug him closer to me, wrapping my arms around him softly and I take in his scent, sighing loudly as I keep telling myself how this feels very heaven to me. It's like I'm on a cloud nine when I'm with him. "I love you."

Dave chuckles, burying his face in my chest, his arms wrapping around my waist. "I love you, too."

Smiling brightly, I grab his hand, deciding to go on a stroll in a park with him. I can feel my mate's eyes burning at the back of my head. My heart is pounding against my chest like a drum, seeming like my heart wants to pop out of my chest and run around, probably to scream to the world how much I love Dave.

It feels so good to have my mate with me, knowing that he loves me just as much as I love him.

I could go on forever telling myself that Dave loves me and I love him. I will never get tired of telling myself that he loves me, and I will never get tired of him saying to me how much he loves me. There's a million reasons to love Dave, and I'm so thankful to the Good Goddess that she pairs me up with Dave.

Though I sound like a girl, I really don't care. Dave is mine and I belong with him.

I have already decided to give my heart to him fully, and I will never regret doing so. I trust him with all of my being, and if he ever breaks my heart, I know that my heart will still beat for him. I guess if you really love a person, you'd do anything crazy for love.

Perhaps Marcus is correct.

I, Perry Dames, am whipped; that's because of my mate, Ean Davidson "Ean" Coffler.