Chapter 25: The Spirit Realm - Part 3

Chapter 25
The Spirit Realm - Part 3

A smile makes its way to my lips, curling slowly, happiness bubbling inside my stomach as Dave courageously wraps his arms around me, giving me a peck on the lips again. As soon as he realizes what he has done, a blush creeps up on his cheeks and I chuckle, kissing both of his cheeks.

"I love how you blush," I whisper huskily to him, smiling widely as I rest my forehead against his.

"Don't push it, Perry." Dave warns me, glaring playfully at me as a smile tugs across his sinful lips. He runs the tip of his nose against mine, and blushes again as he does so. I love this side of Dave. It's like he's never afraid to show what he feels towards someone, though I don't know if he feels something for me. I know that we are mates. When you see your mate, you'd feel immediately the pull, and I know Dave felt the pull before, but I don't know if he's in love with me yet. I have to know but today is not the right time to ask. Though Dave is showing what he feels, what he wants, he's still in the adjusting phase. "This is the first time that I've ever done this. I know that I'm only attracted to girls, but when it comes to this mate thing, it seems like I can't get away from you."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah," he agrees.

As we get outside of my house, Brayden along with the others are talking quietly at the far end, near the entrance of the wilderness. I look at the sky and see how bright and calm it is, and in a few minutes, I'd be sending my mate to his possible death bed. But this is what Dave and Peitho want, and it's their decision that I need to respect. He's my mate but that doesn't mean that I can control their life.

Dave understand that I'm only worrying for him and Peitho because I don't want anything bad to happen to them because if it does, then I'd be crushed. Every mate would feel the same way if they encounter the same scenario so I'm not really going to blame myself for this.

If I have to pray to the Good Goddess every minute while Dave and Peitho are in the Spirit Realm to keep them safe, then I would do it without stopping. If I could just go back in time and change the beginning, I would do it in a heartbeat. If I could just go back to the past, I would, and I would go straight to Dave's house, knock on his door, introduce myself and tell him how in love I am to him. That would be hard, though, but I'd survive.

Dave is walking anxiously, his fingers fumbling, indicating that he's really nervous about this. But he has already made up his mind; he has decided that he'd go to the Spirit Realm to see what's happening there and to open up the portal so we could go there. I have a lot of trust in him; I just hope that he'd be able to finish the mission as fast as possible. It's going to be hard since Peitho will see the place he has been stuck in ever since he and his human form Ean Thomas decided to break the Forbidden Law.

When we reach Brayden and Troy, everyone stops talking; it seems like they were in a heated argument. It's just so funny to think that the Great Alpha is here with them, having a debate with these people.

Brayden is the first one to speak, turning his body so he can full face Dave. He gives me a brief look that lasts for a few seconds before he sets his eyes back to my mate. "So what's your final decision?" He asks Dave, expecting an immediate answer, which he earns after he asked the question to Dave. Dave nods his head slowly.

Starting from wiggling my fingers, my hands immediately wrap around his and I smile, though there's a sad feeling bubbling inside me. All I can do is just to pray for him, pray for our relationship, pray that everything goes well to the Good Goddess. She assigned Dave to be with me. Would it be absurd if she decides to take my mate away right before we live a happy life?

I just have to believe in my mate and wait for his comeback.

That seems like the best plan, but I will be having a hard time waiting. Waiting for your mate is like waiting for a thousand years to come, but in the end, you know that it's going to be worth it.

I guess that's how love works.

Yes, I have been in love with Dave ever since I saw him getting out of his car to pick Kieran up so he could bring him to the nearest hospitable or whatever place he brought Kieran in. I was just too scared of my feelings towards this man that I became stuck, not being able to move while watching him drive away.

"Yes, I will go to the Spirit Realm." Dave says with conviction, lifting his chin up as if he's trying to prove something. Right now, I'm just proud of my mate for having such courage to do this. When everything is done, when everything is okay and fine, I will make sure that I'll give him the life he deserves. I swear upon my life.

After Dave has decided that he'll go the Spirit Realm, everyone has had discussions with the Great Alpha. Since the Great Alpha was worrying about my conditions as I would not be able to see my mate hopefully for a not very long time, he asked the Shaman if I could go to the Shaman World just so I would be able to contact Dave whenever I want. It's one of the conditions to be honest.

Reluctantly, Brayden agreed to this, which made Dave and I happy. So here I am, packing up my clothes. I'm going to actually stay in the Shaman world for hopefully a few days. I put almost everything of my clothes and I'm actually going to bring a few baggage. Who knows, maybe I'd stay there for long.

"Are you done packing?" Brayden asks me and his eyes widen when he sees the baggage that I'm going to bring. He looks at me incredulously, like I have grown another head. He doesn't speak, as if he's waiting for me to say that I'm just kidding and just fooling around. As soon as he realizes that I'm not, he sighs while shaking his head. "You got a lot of stuff. Okay. We're going to travel to the Shaman World and once there, we'll begin to the ritual."

"Wait, what ritual?" I ask, dumbfounded.

"Ritual so Dave would be transported to the Spirit Realm. Hopefully." He states, rolling his eyes at me. Despite his handsome feature, sometimes his sassy attitude doesn't match with his beautiful image. "With the help of Troy, he'll transport us back there. When we get there, I'll discuss a few things with you. Rules and regulations, you know. While you're at our world, you need to comply with the rules and you will be living with the Shamans."

I nod at his words. "Okay. That seems easy."

"Good." He says as he turns around, snapping his fingers to capture everyone's attention.

Kieran hugs his brother tight, resting his chin on his brother's shoulder as he rubs his brother's back soothingly. I cannot make out what he's whispering to his brother's ear, but I can sense that it's a words of encouragement as Dave's spirit seems to be lifted as he listens to his brother.

While Kieran is giving his brother some encouragement words, my best friends walk to me; Marcus and Cloud. They have this grim expression plastered on their face and it seems that they feel sympathy towards me. A fellow feeling. As they give me a bro hugs, I chuckle, shaking my head.

"You just need to be strong," Marcus says as he crosses his arms across his chest, smirking. "Hold on. I'll be joining you. It's my job to ensure peace between two worlds and creatures."

"Hey," I protest, giving him a playful glare and punching his shoulder lightly. "Thank you, Marc. I appreciate it."

Cloud puts a hand on my shoulder, giving me a huge smile. "Both of you are just going to be fine. If you need any help at all, just contact us, and as practically your brother and your best friend, I'll be there."

"I'm actually going to cry guys," I tease, faking to brush a tear as I look at them. We all laugh just like a good time. "Seriously guys, I'm going to miss you. Though I'll be just staying there for a couple of days or who knows, month or a year. I'm just over-exaggerating. Eventually I will be back."

"Yeah, we will wait for your wedding with Dave." Cloud says, grinning widely that I have to laugh.

I'd love that; a wedding with Dave.