Chapter 15: Revealing The Truth

Chapter 15
Revealing The Truth

After the awkward encounter with Dave in his room, I decided to barge out of his room without giving him any answers. I don't want to tell him the details of how I kissed him all night and slept beside him just to soothe myself and my wolf Zane and his wolf Peitho. It would confuse him even more. Peitho is, I assume, taking baby steps on introducing himself to Dave. Zane has told me that he could feel Peitho talking to Dave, letting him know that he does not mean any harm to him.

Now I'm in the kitchen of my own house, putting a lot of sugar cubes in the black coffee that I have made. Though I'm not a big fan of black coffees, I decided to try one since my father is a sucker for this. My father is seated on one of the stools, reading a newspapers as he takes a sip of the black coffee he has made for himself. My father works as a teacher in the school near the place, where Kieran and Dave went in, but after the killing of their mother, they decided to dropout and continue study in the future.

My father is wearing a button-up grey shirt, one button is unbuttoned, slightly revealing his hard chest. Though my father is a teacher, he still looks like the previous Great Beta of the previous Great Alpha. He still looks so strong, even though he has stepped down already, and he could easily defeat me. He notices me staring at him and arches a brow and I sigh. I haven't really talked to my father about Dave being my mate; about me having a male mate, but news spread really fast here, so I assume that he has heard about Dave being my mate yet he never speaks up about it. I'm guessing my father wants me to be the first one to tell him everything. I don't really care what his reactions would be, but I'd like to tell him because he's my father, but it would be good if he displays a positive and good reactions to the news that I'm going to give him.

"Father," I begin as I stir the mug of coffee in my hand, turning around so I can face him fully. As if on cue, he slides down his newspaper that he has been holding ever since he sat on the stool about an hour ago on the table, staring at me as he crosses his arms across his chest. I gulp, not really liking his glare and stance. Placing the coffee on the table and taking a seat on a stool near beside him, I look down on my fumbled fingers. He grunts, telling me to speak now. "You probably heard the news about me having a male mate?"

He nods, keeping his face blank, emotionless, as if he does not feel anything. Father likes to put a lot of facade around him when in discussion. After the discussion, that's when he would display his reaction. It's both a curse and a gift. Curse for everyone, and a gift for himself. I'm not sure why, but that's what he used to say to me before. I never know the real reason or answer. "Yes," he says simply, his tone not giving any hint of what he's feeling.

I sigh, clenching my hands on the table. "I'm not telling you this just because I want your approval," I say, not looking at him in the eyes. He grunts, popping his knuckles and I roll my eyes. "But because I want you to know the truth coming from me. Yes, my mate is a male, and I guess that makes me gay. For him. I've learned that over a year ago. I was scared, and I had no one to tell with, because I was busy loathing myself. But I want you to understand that I'm ready to take Dave as my mate, because let's face it, he's my mate and I love him and that will never change."

My father remains silent, assessing what I've said. The silence has become thick when the both of us refuse to speak. The beat of my heart is loud against my ears, and it feels like I'm being stabbed again and again by the tension lingering around the air. My father's face doesn't give anything yet he stares at me like he wants to kill me, but that all changes when he breaks into a huge smile and shakes his head.

"A true Beta," he says as he picks up the newspaper that he has put on the table. A smile quirks its way across my lips and I sigh in relief. He lifts the mug of black coffee into his lips and takes a sip, staring at me over the rim of the mug. After he sips, he continues: "You're really my son. You have been foolish before, and I was hoping that you would grow up, and you did, and you made me proud. You are making me proud. There are times that you need to low down your pride because it would just hurt you, and you did low down your pride just to admit to me that you have a male mate, and that's enough for me to consider yourself as a brave Great Beta. When I was at your age, I was the same; I made dumb decisions, but I became mature just by looking at the people around me and accepting things as the way they are. You accept who you are, you accept who your mate is, and that's enough. You have matured. You and the Great Alpha Cloud have matured."

Nodding, I begin to take a sip of the black coffee that I have made and cringe when the bittersweet taste invades my buds. I place the mug back on the table, ignoring it. I suck at making coffees. Three in one coffees are much better than home-made. That or I'm just lazy and don't really know how to make good coffees. I think it's the latter.

"Thank you, father." I say to him, standing up. I grab the mug and place it on the sink, not really caring about the powder that I have used to make this coffee. My father, when I look over my shoulder, frowns at me and I grin widely, turning on the faucet to soak the mug. "Sorry about that. I made a terrible black coffee and the only way to get rid of it is to throw it away. Deadly black coffee."

He shakes his head, smiling. Sooner or later, my father would stand up and head to work where he would teach restlessly. My father is a great teacher and everyone is scared of him because he has this aura around him that makes everyone squeal in fear. So far, no one is complaining.

As I get out of the house, the first people that I have noticed are Dave and Kieran, who are talking near the bushes at the far east. It looks like they are arguing, considering their hands are flying everywhere rapidly. It seems like they are handling it well, considering they aren't tearing each other's throat out. Yet. But before it escalates, I decide to butt in to stop them from bickering. Stepping forward, Kieran notices me and sighs.

"Oi, Perry, tell this dumbass that he can't go to the town today," Kieran says as he turns his back on Dave, who is giving him death glares. Kieran turns to face me, jerking his thumb at Dave's direction. My fear resurfaces, afraid that if I let Dave go out to town today, something bad might happen. But if I tell him that he can't go, he'd hate me. Temporarily. Even if it's temporary, I don't want him to hate me. So I think what would be the best reply. "He needs to rest!"

"I've had so much rest, Kieran." Dave grumbles stubbornly, huffing as his brother glares at him. Dave looks at me with pleading eyes and my heart races at the look he's giving me. Zane whoops, telling me that I should accompany here wherever he would like to go. Seems like a great plan. Works for me.

"I'll go with him," I say, keeping my voice low, afraid that my voice would hint that I'm excited to accompany him. Kieran furrows his brows, and glares at me for not being on his side. I resist the urge to laugh. Kieran looks at me, then to his brother, then back to me, then his face lights up like he knows what I'm up to. His mouth forms an O and I resist the urge to smack his head. Cloud would give me an earful of hate and such if I ever do such thing. "I'll go with him just to make sure he will be alright. You can calm down, Kieran. Nothing's going to happen."

Kieran huffs, turning his back on me. "Just make sure you bring him home fine and in one piece." Though his statement implies sexual innuendo that makes me cough, Dave is being left out. I nod, cheeks and ears heating up. Kieran smirks. Dave stares at us with confusion.

"Let's go, Perry."

******************************

Author's Note: Ohmifeckinggosh. It's been so long since I have updated this and that was like yesterday. Hahahaha.

Here's a picture of Dave being a sexy mutt!

If you want to message me, feel free to do so!

Email: johnmichaelsenar@gmail.com
Twitter: JMSenar
Instagram: JMSenar
Kik: JMSenar
Phone number (PH): +639984022408