Chapter 21:

Aris POV

Nakauwi na rin… Grabe at nahirapan lang akong pauwiin siya sa condo niya…

Si Lauren…

She’s my ex-girlfriend; our parents are good friends and business partners. She just graduated BS in Architecture in the states but she is making herself popular now as a fashion designer.

Glamorous.

Elite.

Fragile.

Sophisticated.

Classy.

IN SHORT…

Not my ideal type of girl…

But our relationship lasts for almost a year… how???

Well… ganito po kasi yan, maybe I will give na rin a little background on us…

My dad said when they adopted me when I was just an infant; they both (with mom) decided to raise me in the States.

My dad’s construction firm grew amazingly here in the Philippines that is why, we came back here when I was 9 to look and manage the company.

I can’t remember well but they said that I was being kidnapped during summer vacation… I can’t tell you now each and every detail what was happened way back then because even I ask my parents what happened before when I was 9years young especially the kidnapped scene they won’t tell me.

So, pagbalik namin sa states, saka ko nameet si Lauren, from then classmate ko na siya til I finished my 7th grade, bumalik ulit kami ng pilipinas dahil na rin sa construction firm ng dad ko, kahit takot sila na baka daw kasi mangyari ulit ang pag kidnap sa akin, we risked it all just to stick together and lived here.

Luckily, naging peaceful naman na ang naging buhay namin noon. I finished my highschool here and even got the chance to be a famous singer/pianist/guitarist and leader of a band. But not until we reached college, James and I and the rest of the band finally decided to leave our career in singing and to focus into our studies and professional life. So, I came back in the states for my college, ako lang mag-isa that time ang bumalik, dahil sina mama at papa kung hindi nasa Pilipinas ay nasa ibang bansa naman.

And so, we met again, Lauren and I studied on the same university though mas ahead na ako sa kanya because napaaga ang highschool ko, while James and I stayed on the same dormitory.

During that time, Lauren lived alone and her parents asked me to look for her unicahija, I have all their trust and respect since they knew me since we were kids.

Physically, I’m attracted to her, well sino naman kayang hindi, Lauren is pretty, slender, her height is ideal for a typical lady and she is very kind too.

Maraming nagkakagusto sa kanya but hindi niya ito napapansin, I know even James got a crush on her at kahit siya ay dineadma lang ni Lauren, akala ko nga nung una ay tomboy siya pero she proved me I was wrong dahil she confessed her feelings for me.

Hindi naman sa pagmamayabang, but honestly speaking, she was the one who did the courting. For me, my ego was pressed down and I have no choice but to accept her.

From the start alam niya ang nararamdaman ko para sa kanya ay isang kapatid lang, no more no less…

She is almost perfect… pero sadyang hindi yata pwede na pilitin ang ating sarili sa kung sino ang magugustuhan natin o mamahalin natin.

So, we had a deal. We will try to work out our relationship, I promised her also to do everything I could just to evolve my feelings towards her.

When I was in 3rd year college, we started our relationship but sad to say, it didn’t work out. I should have told her earlier that I can’t love her the way she wanted me to be.