Part Four- Enemies Beware

Aaaargh I wasn't gonna stick around while she 'shopped til she dropped', heeell nah. My eyes don't need to see ppl trying to fit into clothes that obviously don't fit them. Or chicks asking if their butt looks big in these. Man this was torture and I hate shopping with a passion. Feeling the need to take a leak I signalled to Lana telling her I'll be back. She nodded casually before focusing her attention on this cute little black dress. Would probably suit her. I wonder how much it costs..

Making my way to the toilet I felt my phone vibrate in my back pocket. It was one of the boys. This was my chance to gap it. Ia it's a sign. It's defs a sign.. I should probably check up on her before I go. So I walk back to the last shop we were at when I came across her chatting with some guy. The guy acted like he knew her but her body language read something else. It wasn't till I was close enough to see that I realised who it was... My ex best mate, Keanu -_- I stand back and watch as feelings from the past hits me all over again. Keanu says something to her obviously flirting. Tbh I expected her to fall for it like most girls do. But I'm stunned when Lana looks him up and down in an insulting way, smiles before she shuts him down and walks off leaving him burning while I'm grinning my ass off. She's about to walk the other way till she sees me standing there so she makes her way over. Keanu hadn't left just yet but as soon as he looked up our eyes met. At first I thought I could see a hint of pain, almost pity but when he put that stupid grin on his face I knew straight away he was up to no good. Keanu doesn't let off that easy. That nigga would do just about anything to have it his way. In fact he's the type that would play dirty. Lana approaches me smiling but it fades the moment I smile back and my left dimple makes an appearance. Da heck did I do now?.. She narrows her eyes at me,

"Knock it off" I honestly have no idea what she's on about or why she looks pissed at me..

"Ur dimple is showing and u only flash THAT smile when ur seen with family and when u were with ur ex back in school.. Ur other smiles are ur fake ones u reserve for everyone else." I stare at her for awhile. Did she really just say that? Pfft she doesn't even know me..

"Ah how would u know?" I asked raising my brow. She looked embarrassed for some reason so she tries to change the subject. But I decide to press on knowing how red she was getting at my expense lol. Enjoying the moment, if you could call it that we heard what sounded like a group of hyenas laughing from a far lmao. As they got closer I realised it was the ex's clique which only meant one thing...

Lana must've notice me stiffen and go tense at the sound of Lauina's voice. I think she pulled a funny face at me before turning to face what seemed like the nuisance in her life. I'd have to ask her about that. Lauina gave the maddest evils when she noticed us, saying something to her friends making them laugh.

"Hello Vita" she calls out ignoring Lana altogether. She started bragging about how happy she and her man (the best friend Keanu) are and their baby boy, obviously trying to rub it in to my face that she chose better. Lana decided to speak up seeing as I felt as though I just turned to stone.

"Oh ur still with Keanu? I was under the impression he was single when he asked me for my number not even 10 minutes ago" Lauina turned daggers on her, calling her a liar..

"What would I gain from lying? I told him to drop dead btw so u can thank me later. Or now if u want too?" Giving Lauina an innocent smile and looking down at her son in the stroller.

"Ur son is very cute. Looks afakasi for a full blooded sa?.." The insinuation that the boy wasn't Keanu's was clear to everyone.

"Guess the grass isn't always greener on the other side." Grabbing my hand and giving it a tight squeeze she said to the girls

"it was nice seeing uz" forcing me to follow her as she gripped my hand leaving the ex and her friends staring full daggers at us.