Chapter 6: Sacrifice Over No One

Chapter 6:

Sacrifice Over No One

   As me, Shiro and Chelsea returned to our dorms, it was at least 9 o’clock at night. The headmaster had a good talking to us all. He told all of us to keep an eye out on all our surroundings. Vampires like this cannot be trusted and we should tell the headmaster or anyone responsible if we see anything suspicious. Shiro was given a reward for protecting me and Chelsea. Chelsea was nearly suspended from school for awhile for leaving the dorm after 7 o’clock. At least I still can go to class with her now. I would’ve hated going to class alone...  

   “How was your talk with Shiro? Sorry, I kind’ve ruined it by screaming and getting into trouble but I am grateful for what you two did! You did talk to him didn’t you?” She asked wanting to know everything which happened. She sat down on her bed which was opposite mine. I was lying down on my bed. I turned to face her. An excited expression built up on her face. How can she be sooo excited at this time? I was nearly taken away by a very powerful vampire and she’s all cheerful and happy. Typical Chelsea.

   “It was interesting. I will do what he told me and also...” I paused. Should I really tell her how he nearly kissed me? Does this mean he likes me? Or does he just want to bite my tongue to taste some of my blood? I’m sooo confused!

   “And also what? Please tell me, Lilly.” She asked with a giant grin. She was my best friend and all and she has stuck by my side all these years. I guess I can trust her with this.

   “He... and I... almost... kissed.” I whispered and her eyes widened. She covered her mouth and stood up on her bed. She began to jump up and down on it. She looked very excited and happy.

   “Oh my God, oh my God, oh my GOD!” She called out to the roof and I smiled. I became flustered and I hid my face. What have I done?

   “I know... what should I do?” I asked her, peering my eye through one of the cracks in between my fingers.

   “Next time you see him, smooch him back! Make sure not to get your tongue caught on his fangs though...” Chelsea said laughing. She jumped off her bed and sat on mine next to me. She gave me a lustful smile. Somehow I felt like a museum display. “I’m really happy for you, Lilly. Thank you for sharing this sort’ve stuff with me! I guess I’m not much help but I do enjoy hearing you talk about Shiro and how much you adore him! It’s very interesting, just like a story book!”

   I smiled at her. “Thank you for being there for me.” I replied giving her a huge hug. “I love you just like a sister!” I said squeezing her in my arms.

   “Ditto!” She answered and we both laughed.

   That night, I thought about what Shiro had told me. “Think of something you adore...” I thought and I wondered about all the things I love so much; chocolate, Shiro, Chelsea, Shiro, my mother, Shiro, my life, Shiro... Why do I keep thinking of Shiro?

   I closed my eyes and I thought about my hearts biggest desire. It would defeat life and death if it became true in my eyes. I thought about the thing I love most in this world... Shiro.

   I drifted off into slumber and I was on a beach, my hair brushing against my back with the wind. There was a giant mountain close to the beach I was standing on. I then heard whispers. I turned to face a girl with short blonde hair. She was crying and she ran around me.

   “Why aren’t you mourning his death?” She asked me. I was taken aback. Who’s death? I wondered.

   “What?” I asked sounding like a total idiot. She began to sob louder and she fell to the floor. I rushed to her side. I tried to help her up but she pushed me back.