Chapter 3: Saved By 2 Vampires

Chapter 3:

Saved by 2 Vampires

   As we walked out of the Academy’s front door and down the stony steps, we walked in silence for a while. Listening to the birds chirping and trees rustling in the wind. It was kind’ve nice.

   “So, Shiro,” Chelsea began, “What’s your favourite... like, type of blood? Do you Vampires love like A or B types? What?” A wary smile grew on her face.

   “We Vampires find our interest in AB... negative. It is said to be so delicious that once a Vampire starts to drink the blood, it can’t stop until it finishes every last drop.” Shiro exclaimed. My stomach did summersaults and I felt I needed to sit down. If a Vampire bit me, I’d die! They would drink me like I was some milkshake. That’s why I don’t want to get bitten.

   “Oh... Well I’m O! That’s the most common one isn’t it?” Chelsea asked. Why won’t she shut up? All this talk on blood types is making me sick.

   “Yes it is. It’s not as tasty as the others but it is still quite delicious.” He murmured. He turned to look at me.

   “Cool, blood types, huh? Nice to know.” I said hoping they’d change the conversation.

   “What blood type are you Lilly? You’ve never told me.” Chelsea said placing her hands on her hips. She looked older and sophisticated in that pose.

   “Oh...um...well... I’m kind’ve...” I stopped and looked at the ground. I didn’t want to say it, not in front of Shiro anyway.

   “AB negative.” Shiro answered turning to Chelsea. Her mouth dropped open and she gave me a surprised look.

   “That’s why you’re so scared of...” Chelsea yelled but stopped. She knew I wouldn’t want Shiro to know my fear. Especially since he is a Vampire in the first place.

   “WAIT! How did you know?! Oh my God! Did you drink her blood?” Chelsea said covering her mouth. She looked like she was about to bolt off and I wanted to do the same thing.

   “No,” He admitted, “I did not. I smelt it on the night I rescued her. It was tempting but I refused. I’ve never tasted AB negative blood before and I would like to. Even the smell is wonderful!” He smiled at Chelsea and that’s when I did start running. I bolted off and I didn’t look back! Oh God! I thought. I ran toward the festival and once I got there I hid behind a small coffee stall. I heard their running footsteps close by and I just stayed in the same position. I didn’t move.

   “Hey! Lilly! Where are you?” They both called out. I still remained hidden. I didn’t want to face Shiro right after he said that he would like to try my type of blood... but he didn’t necessarily say ‘my’ blood. He just wants to try AB negative, that’s all.

   I sighed and I stood up. I didn’t see them even though I heard them a few moments ago. “Where’d they go?” I asked myself as I jogged out from behind the coffee stall. I span and glanced around everywhere. There was no sight of any school kids, just people setting up the stalls.