Chapter 2: Love at First... Underwear?

Chapter 2:

Love at First... Underwear?

   “Lilly? Hello? Anyone in there?” a familiar voice flooded through my head. I felt, with my hands, around the area where I was at that moment. I was on a bed, a comfy bed in particular and someone was trying to wake me up I assumed.

   I opened my eyes slowly and I saw a girl, around my age with long black hair, small cute glasses, bright green eyes and a small gap in between her two front teeth. It was my best friend Chelsea!

   “Morning!” She greeted me. I gave her a half smile. I slowly sat up in my bed and paced my hands on my face. I picked at the insides of my eyes to collect all of the sleep that was jammed in there.

   “Hi...” I replied slowly.

   “That dream again, huh?” Chelsea asked. She walked over to our shared cupboard. We keep our school uniforms and other clothes in there. I had my own dorm with my best friend at an Academy in Australia. My name is Lilly and I’m 14, so is Chelsea. I have long golden hair which I normally put into pig tails, and blue eyes. You think you know everything about my Academy so far? Well, the whole Academy was built to help Vampires and humans get along with each other. Only about ten humans go here though... I am one of them and so is Chelsea. The boy who saved me that night goes here too. His name is Shiro and I kind of have a little crush on him. Ever since that day, I’ve been having the same dreams of my memories. Sure they’re just dreams but they’re memories which I hate to go through again and again. Since I became an orphan, Shiro has promised me he will take care of me. He took me here to protect me and I now live here. But I’ve got a little fear too...

   “C’mon! We’ve gotta hurry!” Chelsea said throwing my school uniform on top of my face. Ooff, I thought as I held in it my hands.

   “What’s on today that you’re so excited about?” I asked her. She turned to look at me with a shocked expression. Oh lord, I thought, what have I forgotten this time?

   “What do you mean? It’s festival day! Don’t you remember?” She yelled stripping off fast. She quickly slipped on her school top and vest. “How short should I make my skirt do you reckon?” She asked me.

   “I don’t know... you tell me.” I replied slowly getting out of bed. We had three beds in our dorm and there was only the two of us. We had a small kitchen and bathroom too. It was like a nice little small house! I loved it! It was like home to me. 2 years ago when that incident happened, I really felt home sick when I first moved here. But then when I met Chelsea, things started to change. She was like the sister I never had! I was always an only child in my family. My father went to war but died when I was just 7 and my mother was killed by that Vampire on that horrid night when I was 12. That night still haunts me today.

   “C’mon! You wanna get to the front of the stalls don’t you? Then hurry up!” She called out to me as she ran into the bathroom. I heard her begin to brush her teeth.

   “I’m going, it’s just... whenever I dream that night again, and it’s always so vivid. I like forget it’s going to happen and it just does the same thing over and over again. I hate it...” I mumbled. I sat on my bed, my sheets spread out along the bed, all messy and needing of a wash soon. I must add that onto my ‘To-Do’ list.

   “I’m pretty sure Shiro will be there!” She spat out tooth paste as she peered through the door from the bathroom and looked at me.

   “You’re cleaning that spit up first.” I demanded with a yawn. I stood up and grabbed my hair brush. I slid my brush through my long, thick, knotty hair and thought; my biggest fear was to get bitten by a Vampire... I’m surrounded by them every day! There’s no escaping them, but Shiro said he will protect me! With his beautiful purple hair and eyes, his serious looking face and little smile... hmmm... I-I-I lov...