We have to stick together

Fred and Draco had quieted down and went deep into thought once I revealed to them my knowlege of the limbo we were stuck in. The dark coldness of the forest began to grow a bit warm which made me believe that it was sometime in the day. We were all hungry so we set off to find some edible plants to eat for the time being. We walked for several minutes before I stooped down to take a look at a berry plant that Draco picked out. I was fascinated by the little design that grew on the berries as it reminded me of a tiny skull and cross bones. My breath caught in my throat and I quickly stood up. My eyes flittered around the forest as my ears listened for anything.

"What is it?" Fred asked me as he took a step forward.

I kept listening and looking not wanting to let my attention be pulled away. Those berries were a bad omen as it was a sign that it had feasted.

"Are they edible?" Draco asked. "I mean look they are everywhere so we could eat them."

I felt my heart try and jumped from my chest and slowly I looked down. Sure enough there were atleast a hundred of these plants scattered about in a 40 foot radius.

"We need to move... fast" I said.

Right on cue as if it heard our plan to move it let out a hideous ear piercing gargled screetch. I threw my hands up over my ears and looked to Fred and Draco who looked terrified as they too covered their ears.

"What is that?" I saw Draco mouth.

The moment the sound died down and all was silent I uncovered my ears and looked around. Sometimes I wish I hadn't read the Hogwarts a History book because now I knew what our possible deaths could be. Then again I was grateful because I also knew how to avoid them.

"That was the hunger screech of a Wendigo. It screeches when it is hungry."

Draco and Fred both looked around with terrified looks on their faces.

"We are going to be eaten alive" Fred gasped. He moved closer to me and attempted to pull me into his arms but I quickly pushed him away.

"No, not yet. A Wendigo has a slow process only because it has a slow mind. It only let out one shriek meaning it has just realized it was hungry. When you hear three shrieks that is when you should be worried because that means it is in hunting mode. Then four shrieks means its found something it wants and then five means you are dead." I finished. "But we can avoid it"

"How is that?" Draco said taking a step forward.

"We need to find an Encantado"

"Okay then lets go, where do we look?" Fred replied in a quickly jumbled sentence.

"We need to find water, where there is water it will be." Fred took out his wand and went to wave it over his head before I grabbed his arm and covered his mouth. "What are you doing!?"

"I was going to use point me aguamentacio it will point us in the direction of water." He explained.

"I know but we can't just walk into water with a Encantado and live to tell about it."

Draco make a groan before he bowed his head in his hands. "Then how?"

I really wish these boys did as much reading as they normal did goofing off or bullying one another. I mean seriously I didn't really like having to be a leader in a life or death situation. If one of my friends died I wouldn't be able to bear it.

"Blood. You have to cut yourself and rub anothers blood onto the wound, only then will you be safe."

The idea of having to cut an open wound into my own body made me quiver repulsively.