Day one

Draco Fred and myself found shelter against the trunk of a tree that night. I don't remember falling asleep but when I woke up sometime later I was laying against something soft and warm. It took me a moment to realize it was Fred, his arms were wrapped around me protectively. I couldn't help but smile as it brought back memories of us together as friends.

"Are you asleep?" Draco whispered as I took a deep breath.

I turned my head in the direction of his voice. "No" I whispered back.

"I'm sorry I called you my girlfriend I shouldn't have"

"Its fine, I'm over it."

"So she isn't your girlfriend, did you lie to try and make me jealous?" Fred cut in.

"Fred let it go." I mumbled.

If these two continued to bicker we would never get out of here. I was terrified for what we would go through before we got out of here if we did. Something inside of me thought it was a hopeless future, especially with the tension and hatred between the two.

"Pathetic excuse for a pureblood." Draco mumbled.

Fred and Draco began shouting back and forth right in my ear. I rose to my feet and took out my wand. "Lumos Maximus" I shouted. The area around us lit up and both the boys looked at me. "We are here because of our arguments. We will not be able to get out until the three of us get over our hatred towards one another."

"Wait I understand the hatred between Draco and myself but you... do you hate us?"

"No, it was just that moment I was shouting at your guys, I was so angry and the forest took that as hatred."

"Are you saying the forest did this to us?" Draco asked.

"That is exactly what I'm saying. This forest wasn't just to guard the castle it was also used to get students that disliked one another to become friends. Godric added a few charms and spells here and there to bring something good from this thing Salazar put here. They would send constantly quarreling students into the forest and by the time they made it out if they did they were friends."

"And they dont do this anymore why?" Fred asked

"Because too many students died only to keep their pride, they stopped doing this almost 200 years ago"

Draco got to his feet now. "So you are saying in order to get out Fred and I have to pretend to like one another."

I shook my head. "Its has to be genuine. If we do everything right we will be pulled backwards through time to the moment when things started to heat up. This was so students schooling wouldn't be affected."

"what if we never become friends" Draco asked, apparently worried that we may never get out of here.

This was the one thought I tried so hard to keep from my mind. I knew if they never solved their differences we would remain here for the rest of our lives. I brought my gaze up to meet Draco's and just shook my head.