Chapter 12

Romans POV
The moment I stepped into the Pool of the Gods after Livia, I knew something was wrong. Her eyes were distant when I pulled her out, my head was still a little fuzzy, but seeing her not recognize Apikalia and Atamu, concerned me. "Livia, how can you not remember our children?" I asked, as we walked back to the palace.
"How can I remember something that's not true? I don't even know you. Are you a God or something?" She asked.
"Only for you Livia, only for you."
She stopped walking, looking back towards the Pool of the Gods, then she looked over at me, "No it's impossible, no one can be a God."
"If it makes you feel any better, you've always called me your Samoan God."
She spun, her eyes darting to my face, "Roman," she said quietly, "you can't be, father said it was impossible for a God to exist."
"He's also the one who insisted that you marry me."
She stepped closer to me, her eyes never leaving my face, her fingers trailing over Atamu and Apikalia's faces. "Mumu," "mama," the twins cooed.
"People have been trying to get you to believe that he was betraying us, and it all began with King Hunter and your mother."
"My mother, but she's dead."
"I'm afraid not Livia, she also said that she doesn't believe Daniel is your father."
"I don't understand, but why does she believe that?"
"I wish I knew love, everything I know about your father is the complete opposite of what your mother has said. I don't trust her, nor do I trust Hunter. What I do know though is these two and you are my life."
She looked up at me, her eyes scanning my face, "What is it Livia?"
"Your face, its changing," she said.
I walked back to the Pool of the Gods, looking down into the water, my beard that I had recently shaved off returning full force, the cuts on my face healing.

I looked back at Livia whose eyes widened when she saw the now thickened beard

I looked back at Livia whose eyes widened when she saw the now thickened beard. "My God," she said, sinking to her knees.
"Livia, you never need to sink to your knees for me, you are my equal, my love."
"But you're a God," she said.
"And you're my Goddess, my queen," I said, walking so I was mere inches from her.
She looked at the twins, then back up to me, her eyes narrowing in further confusion when Apikalias hair grew rapidly, and Atamu fingers shot off sparks.
"This is impossible, that means that, no, it can't be, I can't be."
"You are my love," I replied, leaning down and pressing my mouth to her forehead.