Chapter 12

It's kind of hard to not feel sorry for Imaizumi, Naruko, and Sakamichi. Since I'm starting to become more familiar with Imaizumi to Naruko, I started calling them like Sakamichi. They don't mind, although I just hope that Koizumi-senpai won't spot me calling them differently. Though, it truly seems that today isn't Imaizumi, Naruko, and Sakamichi's day.

Imaizumi without his gear shifters.

Naruko without his lower handle bars.

Sakamichi's changed tires.

Hopefully these three will be able to overcome their major weaknesses to their own special abilities.

"Plus, this would be good in making them realize their true capabilities." I muttered to myself watching all of the cyclists ride a part of the one thousand kilometers for today.

In the afternoon, I rollerbladed to gather some ingredients for tomorrow. I mean I feel bad for not doing anything yesterday except just watch each of the racers ride down the course.

"For Saka-nii, he'd probably need something protein enriched." I planned out, "He's beginning to eat more food than he normally does."

My thoughts returned to what had recently occurred earlier today. 'That Hakogaku cyclist.' There was temptation burning within me, wanting to step into their school. However the other part of me resisted from doing so.'Although I'd feel like I'd be trespassing on Hakogaku grounds if I just randomly go in there now.'

Passing by the hill of Hakogaku grounds, I focused on making sure I don't mess up the ingredients while heading back to the training grounds.

"Huh? Aren't you?" Slowing my speed down, I found myself rollerblading next to the same cyclist Sakamichi met earlier.

"Manami-san?" I spoke. Blinking, I slowly realized that Manami was taking the same route as I. In fact he's wearing a jersey specifically for Hakogaku, "Are you practicing for something?"

Manami nodded, "Yeah. Right now is the best timing to practice. Although my senpais are training at the school grounds, I prefer climbing out here!"

"I see." I responded, "You must really like climbing."

"I wouldn't call it 'like'." Manami explained in an as matter of fact tone, "Rather it's something that makes me feel 'Alive'."

Alive? That's a first. 

"Oh...now that I think about it, I never got your name when we first met." Manami pointed out stopping his bike while I stopped as well.

"Onoda Chiaki. You can call me Chiaki." I introduced myself, "The boy you talked to earlier was my cousin."

"Cousin?" I suddenly feel overwhelmed by Manami's staring. What is up with guys staring really close to my face after finding out about my cousin? Though...I can't hold my balance!

"Ack!" I really thought I was going to fall, but Manami caught me at the last second. My face flushed after realizing how close Manami held me.

'N-Now that I think about it...this feeling is similar to when Naruko-kun...' Immediately I snapped myself out of those thoughts. 'NO! CHIAKI WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU THINKING?! WHAT IN THE WORLD HAPPENED TO YOUR FIRST GOAL?!'

Releasing his hold around me, I can still feel warmth against my face.

"I think I see it now!"

You needed to stare that close to my face just to confirm the similarities between me and my cousin?!

"Though...it'd be better if you kept your hair down more often."

"Eh?"

Without noticing, my hair once held by a band dropped. Only to find it within Manami's grasp, "I'll be taking this while your cousin has my bottle."

"Plus...people won't say you look a lot like your cousin!" Resuming his cycling, Manami waved me a goodbye. While I waved back weakly, unable to comprehend what in the world Manami did.

In this case.

Manami-san, is a very sly person.

One in which I should be careful.

Very.

Very.

Careful when around him.

By the time I returned to the training camp, I couldn't face anyone after meeting Manami. I didn't have the guts to tell Sakamichi of who I met today. I simply headed straight for my room after I finished dinner. Though as I was brooding in the center of my bed, a sudden knock at my door came, "Hey. Chiaki."

"Naruko-kun?" I mumbled out from the pillow I was suffocating my face in, slowly getting up from my bed I asked in a calm manner, "Is there something you need?"

"Well." Naruko paused for a moment, for some reason I could see him scratching the back of his head like he normally did whenever we talked in the hallway at school. "You kind of seemed a little down at the moment, also Onoda is worried about how you are."

'Saka-nii...? I guess Saka-nii is able to tell whenever I'm concerned.'

"I'm not going to ask you to leave your room now, but if you need anything me and your cousin are here for you."

Naruko.

Walking over to the door, I press my forehead against the slide to reply to the red-head, "Thank you, although there's no need to worry about me. You two still have training. So this is a saying from me: You two as well as Imaizumi-kun, do your best."

"Yeah." Naruko-kun replied. I can already sense Naruko smiling from behind the door as he continued his words. "I'll tell your cousin, however don't expect me to willingly tell that hotshot the same."

I giggled a bit.

Naruko is a very supportive friend.

Sakamichi made a good friend.