Chapter 7

After learning Sakamichi's decision to enter the Bicycle Racing Club. The decision I made on that day with Miki resurfaced again.

"So, have you already decided?" Miki asked me as we sipped on some water.

"Yes." I responded in determination, "I'll join the Bicycle Racing Club."

As Miki was about to jump in glee, I raised a hand to signal Miki of my next words. She seemed puzzled as to what I was going to say next, but in all honesty I don't think I'm ready to tell her everything in regards to me. Inhaling a deep breath, I uttered."On one condition. If my cousin ends up joining the Bicycle Racing Club, you must not tell him anything of what I'm going to tell you now."

I told Miki a little, but not too much of how I used to be involved with someone who took part in cycling races. Showing her that even if I couldn't ride a bike myself, I loved watching cyclists ride their bikes down the finish line in such admirable styles. However the friend I'd always watched and assisted in each race began to change. It scared me, to the point where the said person stopped becoming friends with me the moment I mentioned about moving to Chiba. Or so I thought. My friend never responded back to my text messages after I moved into Chiba from Kyoto. Miki only heard about the story in relation as to why I refused at first since I didn't want those old feelings of regret to resurface, but I never mentioned my friend's name. It only pained me...the more I thought about that person.

"Chiaki-chan." She blurted out my name. "I'm sorry. You've been through a lot." Miki apologized, and was in distraught of what she had done. "And now I'm dragging you back in. I shouldn't have-"

I shook my head reassuring the brunette, "No. It's not your fault."

"It's thanks to you and Imaizumi-san for meeting Saka-nii." I quietly stared at the ice cubes floating in my glass of water, "I'm truly grateful of you two giving Saka-nii something. Something where he's able to do in an athletics. It gives me a peace of mind knowing that he'll be fine."

Finishing what I last remembered of that decision. Miki proceeded to introduce me to the members of Bicycle Racing Club along with what kind of cyclists were the third years. The Captain. Kinjou Shingo. A third year, all-rounder.

"I heard about you from Shiki." He responded to me. My mouth gaped upon hearing the familiar name, "T-Takara-senpai?! You know my senpai?!"

"We've been in the same class since middle school. She mentioned to me about a first year who is always rushing to get to school early for club activities on her roller blades."

I stared down at my feet in embarrassment. 'Takara-senpai never forgets a single thing.'

Tadokoro Jin. A third year. Sprinter. "Aren't you related to that glasses kid that raced Imaizumi?"

"Yes, I'm his cousin." I suddenly feel kind of reluctant on telling him that.

He laughed, "I still don't understand how you're related to that wimpy kid!"

In all honesty, I wondered what would've happen if I wasn't related to my cousin.

Makishima Yuusuke. A third year. Climber. "Eh? You're a climber, Makishima-senpai?" I noted in surprise, "That's amazing!"

"Wait till you see what we're doing today. Maybe that'll be even more amazing to you." I couldn't help, but wonder what Makishima meant.

Teshima Junta, Aoyagi Hajime, and Koga Kimitaka. All three are second years in the bicycle racing club. Although I find it strange how Aoyagi doesn't respond much compared to the other two members of the second years.