Chapter 11

Recently...I noticed how determined those three are about cycling. Imaizumi, Naruko, and Sakamichi. Just now, class started. Naruko wasn't in his usual seat for class today, until a blur-like rush known as Naruko dashed in for a short moment yelling, "Sorry, sensei! I've got to take a huge crap, so I'll be stuck in the toilet for awhile!"

Mrs. Saeko had a bewildered face plastered on her when she heard Naruko say that. I couldn't believe he'd leave that fast to go to the toilet. After thinking carefully about the situation, I remembered on how Kinjou told me about the Inter-High qualifiers today...ah.

I deadpanned. It's truly clear on where those three are going, they do realize they shouldn't be skipping class for that. I muttered quietly, "I'm going to get them later when they enter the club room."

Koizumi Maya

It might be just my imagination. However Teshima and Aoyagi seem a little more determined than how they normally are. For example, Teshima seemed a little impatient during the lecture today. I could hear the sound of his heel tap waiting for class to end. Or sometimes I'd spy Aoyagi trying to get some sleep during homeroom after being present for attendance. Is something happening soon for the Bicycle Racing Club? Although it'd be awkward if I'd ask Teashima and Aoyagi directly, I'm not even a part of their club.

'Even though I'm not. Chiaki-chan is!'

After the recent cooking club meeting, I take the chance to talk to Chiaki.

"Hey, Chiaki-chan!" I greeted the first year who returned with a smile.

"Koizumi-senpai, what's up?"

Grinning I responded, "The ceiling."

Chiaki sent a blank stare in return. "Senpai, be serious."

"Okay okay." Clearing my throat out I asked Chiaki, "Is there any upcoming event happening with the bicycle racing club?"

Chiaki furrowed her eyebrows questioning me, "Why do you want to know senpai?"

"Well Teshima-san and Aoyagi-san seemed a little different today, I wanted to know if you knew what's wrong with them." My underclassmen smirked. A look in which appeared as if she'd found black mail material. "Senpai...maybe you're the one-"

I glared at her. No way am I letting her get back at me just because I made fun of her for the same reason.

"Fine. Fine." Chiaki seemed pleased by my reaction, "It's because the bicycle racing club will be training in Kanagawa for the upcoming Inter-High. It's also the time when the Sohoku team is decided after the training's completion."

"It's possible that Teshima-senpai and Aoyagi-senpai are trying to get into the team for the Inter-High."

Oh. Now that makes sense. Nodding my head in understanding, "Thanks for the information Chiaki-chan."

Walking straight home, two blurs whizzed past me. Blinking in surprised, my vision was at least able to tell who past by me.

Smiling, I started running calling out to the two waving, "Good luck, Teshima-san! Aoyagi-san!"

Of course the two cyclists weren't able to turn their heads, but they both grinned at each other. Receiving my words.

Start of Summer Camp

It's too bad that Miki can't come to summer camp. Although...

Sighing to myself while staring outside the window, "Why is Saka-nii so weak when it comes to driving up the mountain in a bus?"

Stepping out of the bus, I tell Kinjou and Naruko "I'll watch over him for now."

"Yeah, we'll see you two soon, Chiaki." Naruko waved goodbye to the two of us. Sakamichi seemed really sick at the moment, so he tried to see if he had any money at the moment. Only to find out he didn't have his wallet right now. "No choice." I was going to pull out my coin purse from my pockets, until the sound of bicycle tires stopped.

'That can't be right? Kinjou-senpai and the others left to Kanagawa ahead of us.' Turning my head to Sakamichi, I spotted a dark blue haired boy handing my cousin a water bottle.

"You're alright with pocari?" Sakamichi took no hesitation in taking the mysterious boy's water bottle. 

"I never expected to see someone collapse on the road!" The boy started asking questions from Sakamichi, however Sakamichi wasn't able to completely answer all of the boy's questions. Sakamichi, please remain calm when talking to someone.

"Well I didn't expect anyone to be biking this late for school." I commented walking over to Sakamichi and the boy, but seriously who bikes this late to school?

"Ah you're right!" The boy realized as he went back to ride his bike, "Thanks for reminding me!"

"No problem." Although you gotta admit it, his smile seems very refreshing. However, by the information he told Sakamichi and me now. He's probably a climber for Hakone Academy or Hakogaku as everyone calls them.The reigning champions of the Inter-High. I remembered how people would talk about them from time to time whenever Akira would head up to get his first place prize.

"Um wait!" Sakamichi called out to the cyclist," You're bottle-"

"It's fine. You can have it." The cyclist responded while introducing himself, "I'm Manami Sangaku. It's my duty to help out people in the mountains!"

Manami waving goodbye, Sakamichi in reply, "Thank you! I-I also like the slopes!"

Manami gave a thumbs up along with a wink before he climbed up past the curve of the mountain. Wow, what a smooth guy. I'd understand if it was Naruko doing it, but I guess they're are other people capable of trying to be cool.

However I guess Imaizumi would fit the description of cool. Naruko is more...flashy.

Mentally slapping myself. I remind myself over and over again.

'Chiaki, remember! Helping your family comes first before you even dare think about useless subjects of love.'

"Manami-kun." I hear Sakamichi speak in admiration. I'd feel bad if I tell Sakamichi that Manami might be a cyclist from Hakogaku, although it's possible there's no actual proof of him being a part of the team. Also I'm sorry, Koizumi, I believe it's possible for Sakamichi to get into the Inter-High even if he's an amateur.