fourteen

you look hella cute when you smile ❞ -Marlou (aka author)

 In my dreams – fourteen

“Haz, can I make the invitations?” Ashton yells from the kitchen.

“Harry, do we have enough food for everyone yet?” Louis says from behind him.

“Are there snacks?” Niall calls from the living room.

Harry sighs deeply. Everyone’s been asking him questions all day and he’s getting a little annoyed and there’s a head ache coming up. “Everyone quiet!” he yells. “Ashton, just text everyone. Louis, no, there is no food yet. Go out and get food with Ashton. As for Niall, we do not have snacks and I forbid you to buy them. That’s Louis’ and Ashton’s job.”

“You okay babe?” Louis asks softly, coming up behind him and hugging him from behind.

"Just a bit stressed. Everyone's been yelling questions at me all day and I've got a head ache", Harry mumbles.

"Get some painkillers and lie down for a bit. I'll take it from here", Louis says.

"You're the best", Harry says and he rubs his eyes tiredly.

"I know", Louis grins. He kisses Harry's cheek and pats his back. "Guys, Haz's taking a little break. He's got a head ache."

"Is it because we kept yelling questions at you?" Ashton asks guiltily.

"Just a bit", Harry says, not wanting them to feel guilty. It's not like they did it on purpose. Niall hands him some pain killers and Ashton gets him a glass of water.

“Sleep well, H. We'll wake you up when we get back. Niall's coming with us or else he'll eat all your freshly baked cookies."

"Kay", Harry mumbles. He's already close to falling asleep.

"Sweet dreams", Ashton winks and he closes the door behind him. Harry falls asleep to the sound of Louis and Ashton talking softly in the hallway.

"I should've noticed he's tired", Louis says quietly to Ashton.

"We all should have noticed", Niall says.

"Let's get the groceries. I know everything he buys for Christmas dinners, we just need to get more. Usually it's just the three of us at Christmas Eve but Haz always says it's the best evening of the year, in his opinion."

"My birthday is on Christmas Eve", Louis says.

Ashton smiles. "I think he set the twenty-fourth as your birthday because of that."

"You think?"

"Definitely", Niall says.

"He always looks forward to Christmas Eve. It's our tradition to have a big dinner. And this year, we're just celebrating it with more people", Ashton says and he laces up his shoes.

"Oh my God", Louis says and he smacks himself.

"What is it?"

"I forgot to buy Christmas presents", Louis whimpers.

"I don't think Harry minds, babe."

"I want to get him something and the two of you as well."

"You don't have to", Ashton says.

"I want to. Do you mind getting the groceries?"

Ashton and Niall both smile. "Of course not. Go ahead."