three

It always rains the hardest on people who deserve the sun the most. - Unknown.

In my dreams – three

“Come on, Haz. Ashton’s gonna be here soon and you still have to get dressed”, Niall says.

“Do I really have to? Get dressed, I mean. I can easily go out on sweatpants and a t-shirt.” Niall throws him a look. “No, okay, I get it. I have to dress up all nice and fancy just because we’re going to buy some jumpers. Can’t have me walking around like a hobo. My mistake.”

“Don’t be sarcastic, H. I’m not gonna go jumper shopping with you when you’re walking around in your pyjamas.”

“I don’t like you”, Harry mumbles.

“I know”, Niall grins. “Now go get dressed, I’ll let Ash in. Should I make a grocery shopping list too?”

“No!” Harry yells. “You’ll only put snacks and soda on the list! Don’t you dare make a list!”

“Calm down, Haz, I’m not gonna make a list. I was just messing with you”, Niall chuckles.

“You’re a menace, Horan.”

“I know. Get dressed.”

It takes a while, but eventually, Harry finds a pair of black skinny jeans that might actually be clean for a change and there’s a wrinkled, black Rolling Stones tee in the back of his wardrobe which will have to do. He sprays on some deodorant and makes a mental note to really take a shower when he gets home.

“Haz, are you finished?” Ashton calls from the living room.

“Yeah, almost”, he calls back. He didn’t hear Ashton enter the flat. He shakes his head and ruffles his hair and sweeps the fringe aside. As good as it’s going to get, he thinks and he puts on his completely worn-out boots.

When he comes into the living room, Ashton is sat at the kitchen table, making a list for the groceries and Niall is nowhere to be seen. Which means he’s in the kitchen.

“Oh God, I forgot you owned those boots”, Ashton groans. “Niall, you’ll have to make him buy some new shoes too. These are almost falling apart because you’ve worn them for years.”

“What’s wrong with the boots?” Harry says defensively.

“Everything”, Ashton answers and he goes back to making a list. “Niall, does he need soda?”

“Yes, he does”, Niall calls from the kitchen and Harry hears his fridge close.

“No, I don’t. I hate soda. Just get some more milk.”

“I now understand why you never let Niall get your groceries”, Ashton mutters and he writes milk down on the list.

“I let Niall get my groceries once”, Harry says darkly.

“And?”

“That was a very dark day in the history of my bank account.”

“I see what you mean.” And Ashton does his giggle-laugh which is so typically Ashton. “Okay, I think I got everything now. Would you like to check or do you trust me?” He gives Harry a very cheesy wink and Harry laughs.

“I trust you. You always get me the right stuff. Thanks Ash.”

“You know that’s no problem, H. I know you hate going out. Sorry for nicking your hoodies though.”

“Nah, that’s fine. I told you to keep them anyway.”

“Shall we?” Niall asks and Harry knows, knows Niall’s got food in his mouth.