ten

I've fought it for a long time now while drowning in a river of denial. I washed up, fixed up, picked up all my broken things. ❞ - All Time Low [damned if I do ya (damned if I don't)]

 In my dreams – ten

Ashton is worried about Harry. Of course, he's always worried a little but since Louis appeared, Harry has been better, more out of his shell. He loves Harry a hell of a lot and he hates seeing his best friend sad.

There have been multiple occasions when he has seen Harry sad but today overrules them all. He's been standing at Harry's front door for half an hour, yelling, knocking and ringing the doorbell. Harry doesn't open the door. He merely yells at Ashton to leave him alone which is something he's never done before.

"Haz, come on. Let me in, I'm worried about you!"

"Go away, Ashton! I don't want company right now!"

"Harry-"

"Fuck off!" How lovely.

"I'm going to call the cops if you don't open this door", Ashton threatens. It's not an entirely empty threat. There's a silence and then he hears the valve of the letter box open. A pair of angry green eyes look up at him through the opening and Ashton has a hard time suppressing his laughter. "You look adorable like this."

"Stop messing around and tell me what's so important you would actually call the cops to have them open my door even though I said I'm fine." Harry sounds pissed off, something that's very rare.

"I just wanted to make sure you were okay." Bad choice of words, Ashton realizes belated.

"I fucking told you I was okay. Now leave me alone. I have work to do."

"H, what are you doing?"

"None of your business." And the valve slams shut again. Well, Ashton thinks. At least he knows Harry's fine now. Though he's acting very strange.

Maybe Ashton needs some distraction, give Harry some space. After all, Niall's not here and banging on Harry's door either. Yes, he needs distraction in the form of Luke Hemmings. So he gets in his car and drives off, still feeling a little guilty for badgering Harry so much but a friend's gotta do what a friend's gotta do. Right?

Luke can probably make him feel better. And if that plan includes blowjobs, well, no one has to know.

-

Harry loves Ashton to death, he really does. But today, he's mostly annoyed by the younger boy's behaviour. He said he was fine and if Harry's says he's fine, he's fine. Most of the time. It's just that he's very busy right now and he really can't use Ashton in his apartment because he'd only get distracted. And distraction is a no at this moment.

Normally when he gets heartbroken (not that it's something that occurs very often) (actually, he's only been heartbroken once before and that was when he was young and stupid) (and with young he means 16) Harry needs distraction but not this time. Maybe he'll get Louis back by drawing him into his life.

So he draws. He draws Louis and Amber curled up on Harry's couch together. He draws Louis sleeping in Harry's bed. He draws Louis in Harry's shower. He draws Louis and Amber in the park. He draws Louis on the swings. He draws Louis eating. He draws Louis laughing. He draws Louis with his family. He draws Louis in every possible activity he can think of.

Until he runs out of options and also out of time to avoid Ashton and Niall.

Harry's not quite sure how many days have passed once he's out of ideas to draw. It might be a single day, but it could also be five. He doesn't know. What he does know is that he's hungry and very much so. But once he gets to the kitchen, he realizes the fridge is empty. Great.