Chapter 5

Laila's P.O.V.
"Hey Millie," I greet as she enters.
"Hey Laila," She replies, "what's new?"

Her slim black hair cascades to her waist and dark blue eyes gleam under her makeup. She has a peaches and cream complexion, with not a freckle or mark to be seen. Her lips are a subtle pink, the color of bubble gum. Unusual for the summer weather, she's wearing black leggings with a navy blue cardigan, making her eyes stand out. She was tapping her foot, her gray flayed making a delicate thud as they touch the floor.
"Nothing, bored..." I remark
"Yea. It sucks." She responds hastily.
I shrugged.
"Uh, listen...Laila," She whispers," I need to ask you something."
"Oh, oka-"
She snatches my sleeve and dashes to my room. I'm thrown in and she whips around to lock the door. Surprised by her reaction, I stand there and watch her curiously.

She turns around, blue eyes stirring with mischief and a big smile plastered on her face, crooked and honest.
"Well? Are you coming?"
"What? Where?" I sputter cluelessly.
She rolls her eyes and flips her hair. The infamous Millie, the vision is clearer now.
"To the dance, fool. Are you coming?" She asks again.
"No" I say in disbelief. Her smile quickly fades.
"Why not?" She whines, stomping on the ground.
"You know what my mom said! I'm not allowed to go!" I exclaim.
"So what? It's during school hours. Your parents won't even notice."
"But still, they said no," I insist. It's just another pointless dance.
"Please!" Millie pleads.
"They said no, and so do I," I reply to her sternly. Millie and I were silent.

Her blue eyes examine me, head cocked.Her face is expressionless.
"Felix Is going." She says plainly.

My emotions dance at his name, escaping from my firm grasp. I think of the back of his head in my science class, his brilliant smile. A weakness. A desire.

"Well..." I begin, "I guess I could come-"
"Don't give me this 'I guess' crap. I know you're coming." Millie interrupts.
I shrug. It's a fact that I'm coming. A simple guest made my reasons devoid of meaning.
"Well, why don't we go shopping? That way we can find nice dresses to wear. I'll call Jennie, she can drive us there." She says. I nod, not paying to much attention to what she's saying.

Jennie is Millie's older sister. The eighteen year old looks exactly like her, except with dark brown hair instead of black and less beauty. She's only a year older than Fernanda.
"I'll go ask my mom, and you call Jennie. I'll be done in 10," I mumble.
Millie nods curtly and begins dialing on her cellphone.
I close my eyes and inhale.
I hate lying, but I'm sure Felix is worth it, right?
Right.