45 » multi

probablymaxbennet: ready to spend the night with this one (even though she's super old now)

probablymaxbennet: ready to spend the night with this one (even though she's super old now). happy birthday not-so-little sister!
231, 879 likes

≛ ≛ ≛

The restaurant Marie had reserved for dinner was quaint, not that Karsyn minded.

A bell on the door chimed softly as Sebastian held the door open for the Bennet siblings and their parents. Karsyn was quick to sweep her gaze over the small building; from the wooden bench tables placed near glass windows, to the faded bookcases lined with creased, bartered novels dating back at least fifty years. It was perfect, the kind of place Karsyn could imagine her twenty year old self occupying before she started acting.

Marie was quick to lead her family to the largest table, taking her seat at the head of the table while Alicia wandered off to request a high chair for Tyler.

The door jingled again as Max entered, leading his best friend - Michael Attwell - by the arm. Michael had been a regular at the Bennet household since preschool, and Karsyn had come to think of him as her little brother too.

Happy birthday, the younger boy signed, grinning as he took as seat across from Sebastian.

Thank you, Karsyn signed back.

"Who's that?" Sebastian whispered in her ear.

"Michael." Karsyn told him, waving as Max sat down beside Mike. "He's Max's best friend. He's deaf, but don't worry he can read lips." Sebastian nodded, nodding at Michael from across the table.

Alicia came back with a highchair, and Max and Mike stood up to help her make room for it beside her seat. Tyler garbled something gibberish as Alicia lowered him into his seat, thanking the boys before taking her own seat beside them.

Marie passed the menus down the table, chatting idly to her husband as they browsed the many foreign named dishes. Karsyn felt warmed here, like she'd turned the clock back ten years. But so much had changed since then, mostly for the better, but not all. But despite all the bad she was grateful for everything that had happened in her life, because it had all led her to this one perfect moment.