Chapter 5: Almost Given Up

I hoped u liked the last chapter, well heres a little spoiler, we meet Nathan again when Jocelyn goes and returns his breacelet. Anywho, thanks for ALL of the comments and votes, I just cant stop thanking u guys! Ok, time to read!

Enjoy!

~Jocelyn~

It felt like ages searching for Nathan, it was like he just saved me and was gone like the wind. I shook my head and continued looking for him. I was determined to him no matter what, when I turned down a hallway, I saw someone with jet black hair.

I rushed ahead to the person, and then I tapped on his shoulder. And when he turned around, I let out a breath of relief, I finally found him.

At first he gave me a confused look, but then his eyes widened in realization. I gave him a nervous smile and said, "Hey can I talk to you?"

He nodded still not saying anything, I got more nervous. Was he upset that I found him? I brought into an empty classroom. I turned around and looked into his eyes, I tried to force the words out of my mouth, but I couldn't

Something in his eyes was so mysterious, I couldn't quite figure him out. But finally words came out, "Why did you save me and then just walk away without a 'thanks for saving my life'?"

He remained silent and stood there, staring at me with those intense eyes. I forced myself to continue, "Well?"

He shrugged and held out his hand expectantly, I stared at it, I never told him I had his bracelet. I slowly reached into my pocket and withdrew the trinket. He went to take it, but I snapped it back before he could grab it.

"And one more thing, how did you get to me so fast?" I raised an eyebrow and looked at him, but he was silent again and he shook his head, but I could see in his eyes that he was hiding a secret. A secret he didn't wasn't anyone to find out.

But then before I could blink, he retrieved it from my hand. I stared blankly at the hand which was now empty. Then without saying a word he started towards the door, but I stuck out an arm and stopped him.

"Oh and by the way." I took a step forward and planted a small kiss on his cheek, "Thanks." And at that I left him hanging in the middle of an empty classroom.

Once I was out of the earshot, I let out a small chuckle, the look on his face was pricless. His mouth was hanging slightly open and he wasn't blinking.

Then I made my way to the cafeteria where my friends were awaiting me.

As soon as I sat down Caitlyn said, "So I heard you kissed Nathan."

Wow, gossip travels fast around this school, but I just rolled my eyes and answered in a nonchalant tone, "I did, but it was on the cheek."

"But still!" Rebekah squealed, "You kissed the most popular guy in school!"

"But! It was for saving my life, remember?" I countered.

And at that they all nodded simultaneously, and we continued eating lunch.

"Did you guys hear about the new girl in school?" Carly said changing the subject.

Everyone nodded, but me, I was the only who shook their head and because of that everyone else stared at me in disbelief.

I looked at them with a confused face, "What?"

"Everyone is saying that she looks just like you," Caitlyn answered.

"I didn't hear anything about her." I stuck a french fry in mouth and brushed the salt off my hands.

The bell rang signalling the end of lunch, so I stood up and headed towards my locker. Then I walked towards Art class.

.....................................

When I entered the classroom as usual everyone eyes was on me, it could be uncomfortable at times, but I got use to it. I could also see out the corner of my eye some girls giving me the evil eye, but they were careful. When I looked in their direction, they would look away.

I guess they heard what happened.

The Art teacher entered the room and everyone got quiet. The teacher was a short woman with frizzy blonde hair, her face may look a bit harsh, but when you into her eyes. It shone with pure warmth and friendliness.

She wrote the assignment on the board and repeated it aloud, we were suppose to draw a hand holding something and it must be handed in by the end of class.

I grabbed a blank sheet of paper and quickly sketched a hand, but couldn't think of anything for it to hold. My first thought was the world, but it seemed too common to draw.

A bunch of ideas ran through my mind before I found the perfect one, a hand holding another hand.

I carefully drew the two hands holding each other and when the bell rang, I handed it to the teacher and she nodded in approval. Then I exited the classroom.

...................................

Soon I arrived in the hall to the Chemistry room, then some boy ran past me and his arm made contact with mine which caused my books to go flying out of my hand.

I groaned and bent down to pick them up. Once I gathered all of my books I continued walking and organizing them at the same time.

When I looked up, I came face to face to something I didn't expect in my entire life, so I did the only thing a shocked person would do, gasp.

.....................................................................................................................................................................................

Hey, hey, hey!

Yay! i finally uploaded a new chp. So how did you like the chapter? Plz give me yur feedback! Things r finally getting interesting, finally, right? Anyway plz point out any mistakes i made and tell me, it was a bit rushed so....... Thnx for reading! I'll try to upload more ASAP!

Peace :)