Chapter 1: First Day

Elena's POV:

Two words: THE END.

I stared blankly at my book, it just ended so abruptly. I expected a better ending then this, I threw it down onto my bed and trudged towards my staircase. As I walked down the spiraling stairs, I see my younger brother, Danny sitting on the couch flipping through channels.

I rolled my eyes, his typical way of saying I'm bored. I continued towards the kitchen, and got myself a snack from the food pantry. There wasn't much to decide from considering we only eat healthy stuff around the house.

I chose something and plop down onto the couch beside Danny, as he flipped through the channel, I soon got irritated and shouted, "Just pick a channel!" He chuckled and picked the sports channel, I groaned and slapped his arm for annoying me.

After an hour of watching TV, I got off the couch trudged upstairs to my room, I looked at calender that hung on my door. Just a week ago I moved from Manhattan to Brooklyn, so my brother and I are basically new. It was still summer so we would start school on the first day of school like everyone else, which was tomorrow.

 I sighed and opened my door and walked into the room, I groaned as I check the time, 9:30 pm. As usual my mom isn't home yet. Ever since my dad died my mom has been working over time to fend for us. I sighed sadly, our family was never the same after that. I pushed those thoughts aside and I got changed and slipped into bed and prepared for my first day of school.

I sighed sadly again and let myself drift asleep.

............

Jocelyn's POV:

 I awoke to my alarm buzzing softly on my bed stand, I hit the snooze button and got out of bed and headed to the bathroom. Once I was done I put on black skinny jeans and a green Abercrombie tank top, then to finish my outfit I put on lip gloss.

Once I was done getting ready I headed downstairs for breakfast. I grabbed a bagel that my dad for me made from the table and walked out the door.

The cool New York breeze instantly hit my face causing my hair to fly back. As I continued down the street, I made my way into the city. The bustling city was always filled with people day and night, no wonder they call it the city that never sleeps.

As I arrived up the street across from my school, I looked both ways before crossing, but then a bus came swerving around the corner and speeding towards me when I was half way across the street, I froze in terror as the giant bus came speeding towards me.

I closed my eyes, preparing to hit by it, but then something ran towards me at lightning speed and tackled me out of the way. And I landed on my back in the grass, I opened my eyes to find a boy on top of me, staring down at me.

The second he saw my eyes open he got off, I stood up to thank him, but he just walked away. I was just about to go up to him for saving me when my friend, Rebeka ran up to me and tackled me with a hug.

"Oh my god!!! Are you okay?!?" she asked, looking all over my body for any scratches. There weren't except for one on my elbow that I got when I fell onto the ground. I wasn't paying attention to anything, the only thing on my mind was the guy who saved me.

After he saved me, he just vanished. There was something about him that was different, usually boys will crave my attention, but this guy is just....... like I said before different. As I let Rebeka dust me off, I stared at the ground and saw something glimmering in the grass.

I shook Rebeka off and bent down and picked up what seemed to be a beautifully woven bracelet with gold lettering on it, Nathan. He must've dropped it when he saved me, then Rebeka leaned over my shoulder, "Oh, that's Nathan's lucky bracelet. He always wears it, no matter what."

"Looks like I found an excuse to go and talk to him." I mumbled to myself.

"What did you say?" Rebeka raised an eyebrow and look at me questioningly.

I shook my head and responded, "Nothing. Let's get to class." I edged her to the front door of the school.

As I entered the school people started to crowd around me asking, "Oh my god Jocelyn are you okay?" While I was being bombarded with question the rest of my friends pushed through the crowd and surrounded me in a protective circle.

"Alright guys back off. Give Joce some space ask her questions later." Caitlyn shouted at the crowd. They all groaned and muttered something then shuffled away to class, I looked at all of my friends gratefully, but that was ruined when they turned around and started asking me questions of their own.

"So I heard you almost got hit by a bus." Carly asked, she looked so calm about it on the outside, but I can tell by the look in her eyes that she was worried to death.

"Yea but...... I got saved by a guy named Nathan." I responded quietly.

"Woah, woah, woah. Nathan, as in Nathan Scarletta?" Caitlyn stopped me and raised her eyebrows.

"Yea.... that's him, but I didn't know what his last names was though." I stepped around her and kept walking.

"Do you know who he is?" Rebeka questioned, she had a bewildered look on her face.

"No." I simply replied.

"He is like the most popular guy in this school." Carly chirped. She had this weird look in her eyes, I just shook my head. "And he chose to save you, Joce. You are the luckiest girl ever." she emphasized on the 'you' and 'ever'.

"I didn't even get to thank him, after he saved he just walked away." I said as we continued down the hall. While talking, I fingered the letters on Nathan's bracelet, and replaying what just happened a few minutes ago.

But one thing wasn't right, how did he get to me so fast? I scowled trying to figure out.

"Uhh.... why is your face all scrunched up?" Caitlyn asked frowning at my face.

I hesitated before answering, "Just thinking."

My friends all raised on eyebrow at me simultaneously which was kinda disturbing since they did it at the exact same time.

"Ok fine, I was thinking about how Nathan got to me so fast." I stopped, scrunched my eyebrows and then continued.

"Well who knows, maybe he was walking behind you or something, but whatever at least you're alive." Caitlyn said quickly. her eyes darted towards Carly. I eyed her suspiciously, she noticed that I was eyeing her and she just smiled.

"We better get to class, Mr. Wilson's gonna give me a zero if I'm late again." Caitlyn waved and hurried down the hall.

"See ya, Cat." I yelled after her. "I gotta go too, I'm starting a project in Biology today, can't miss anything." I turned down the hall and rushed to class.

.......................................................................................................................................................................................

Plz vote and comment, thnx for reading!

Peace :)