Chapter 8: Hidden Truth

A/N: I'll be uploading a new story soon called The Both of Them, plz check it out! And i'll be doing a contest for tht so plz read the first chapter.

~Aaron~

The minute I heard her say those words, "Honestly, you're no different than me. I really don't care if you're the most popular guy in the school, I mean like person is a person no more, no less." I immediately fell for her. 

Like I said before, she was so different from the other girls, and it was good different. I never wanted a girl who liked me for my popularity, but for who I really am and I think I just found her. The only problem is that I have no idea if she feels or will feel the same way.

I have always hated the unknown, I felt that way ever since my mom went missing. I had no clue where she was or what happened until it was too late, that memory scarred me forever. 

Sirens wailed.

"Mom? Mom? Mom!"

"We need to get her to the emergency room stat!"

I forced myself to forget the haunting night when I lost everything and focused on how I can find out if Elena likes me back and if not then how I can get her to fall for me. I started pacing back and forth in my unorganized bedroom.

"Aaron! Come downstairs for dinner already!" my ever so annoying brother Nathan shouted from downstairs, breaking my from my reverie.

"I'll be down there in a minute!" I shouted in response, I was clearly agitated. I needed time to think, plan everything out, so then later everything will come together like a puzzle.

"You said that a minute ago!" he retorted. I growled, I hate him so much at times with his constant sweet boy talk and sarcasm.

I made my way down the stairs sounding as loud as I could until I reached the dining room. "I was thinking, why did you have interrupt?"

"Well I'm sorry Mr. Thinks-a-lot, but it's time for dinner," Nathan smirked. "And by the way what were you thinking about?"

"Nothing that concerns you," I retorted.

Nathan didn't shoot another remark back, but a mischievous smile bloomed across his face. I grew nervous inside, that was his trademark I'm-up-to-no-good smile. During dinner, I kept eyeing Nathan cautiously, over the years I learned not to trust him all the time.

*  *  *

Later when I was upstairs I continued my thinking and pacing, then I heard footsteps nearing my bedroom door. I quit my pacing and stood as still as the night, waiting for whoever was about to enter. 

Suddenly the door swung open revealing Nathan with his signature smile spread across his face again. Then with his werewolf inherited powers zoomed across my room towards the journal I write my ideas in.

But with my matched vampire speed, I made it there just in time to grab it and the same time he did. Soon before I knew it we were throwing ourselves across the room and crashing into the walls, making the loudest ruckus in the house just for a journal.

I grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and slammed him up against the wall.

"What are you doing in my room?" I hissed, my chest rising up and down rapidly.

"What, I can't see what you're writing in that little diary of yours?" he smirked. Then when I was unfocused, he grabbed me and threw me across my bedroom and dived after the gazette. And to my despair, he finally got a hold of it.

"Interesting, you're trying to win the heart of a girl named.... Elena." he looked intriguingly at the page.

"She has the most alluring eyes I have ever seen in my 118 years of living. From what I can tell she is guarded when first meeting someone, but is kind and compassionate once you have proven yourself to be trustful." he mocked as he read from the page I have written on.

"She sounds interesting, maybe I'll give try at her," he pondered.

"She's mine," I growled with a low voice. "Don't even think about stealing her from me, like every other girl."

What I had just said was true, my little brat of a brother has always stole every girl I've met ever since he turned 100 years old, but I know there's something special about Elena and that I can't lose her to Nathan.

He chuckled and said, "Don't worry I've my eye on someone else."

When I heard those words my body relaxed a bit, but then the tension came back when he said, "But if it doesn't go well, I'll reconsider Elena."

And at that he left the room.

................................

~Jocelyn~

My eyes must have been playing tricks on me because I just encountered a person who looked exactly like me, and I'm not joking when I say exactly.

I guess that was what Catilyn was talking about, the new girl, Elena. 

Later, I walked as fast as I could through the bustling streets of New York towards my dwelling. I opened the door without hesitation and stormed up to my dad who was sitting at the kitchen table reading the newspaper while sipping tea.

"Oh hello Joce-" he greeted me, but I cutted him off.

"How come you never told me?" I spatted, I was usually never like this. I was well behaved, did as I was told, and rarely got into trouble. I guess the possibility of my dad lying to me got me angry, we never lied to each other, no matter how bad things were.

"Told you what?" he looked at me quizzically.

"That I had a twin," I retorted.

"You found out didn't you?"  his face fell.

"No duh, I just met her about 10 minutes ago," I sneered.

"Well I think it's time to tell you what really happened to your mom," he sighed and looked in the direction of the chair next to him. Once I sat down he began his explanation.

"Well it all started when I first met you mother. She was the most beautiful women I have ever seen, she could light up a room right away when she smiled. So after a few years of dating, I asked her to marry me and she said yes." he smiled back at the memory, his face looked so weary, but he continued.

"Then we decide to have just one kid, we ended up having two; twins, you and Elena. When your mother and I found out, we were shocked. Two kids were too much for us to handle at the time, and we didn't want to put one up for adoption, so we got divorced and I got you and your mother got Elena. Later that year your mother moved away, but I still kept contact with her and we decided to not let you guys meet so when she said she was coming back and that Elena was going to attend the same school, I warned her, but she said it would be ok. And now you guys met." he looked so much more tired after telling that.

At the end my jaw was literally hanging open, Elena was my sister, my twin sister.

Then I heard my father's phone ring and he answered it, "Hello?"

I could hear the other person's muffled voice speaking extremely fast and I looked at my father, his face clearly conveyed despair. 

"Ok I'll be right there." then he snapped his phone shut and looked at me.

"Your mother's in the hospital."

Hey how are you guys? Any of you watching the season finale of The Vampire Diaries tomorrow? GO DAMON AND ELENA!!! Btw just to let you guys know im making the next few chapters more in Elena and sometimes Aaron's point of view and focus on them for a little bit.

PS- Aaron is the one with the attitude not Nathan. I just decided to make Nathan a bit more annoying than he really is in the chp.

Anyway thanks for reading dont forget to comment and vote.

Peace :)