Chapter 9: Falling Apart

~Elena~

I wasted no time getting to the hospital, I bid Aaron a quick farewell and rushed to my car. I slid into the driver's seat while Danny slip into the passenger. I quickly backed out the driveway, sped off to the hospital to meet my mother.

When we arrived at the hospital, we were told to wait outside the room. As we waited our stomachs' growled, then Danny said he'll go to the cafeteria and get some food for us while we wait, I didn't say anything because I was too worried, but nodded in response.

When Danny left, I remain sitting on the cold hospital floor, waiting anxiously outside my mother's room. When the doctor came out I immediately stood up, eager to hear the news.

"She has some serious injuries, but it's uncertain that she will be back to normal. She was hit pretty hard by something. But I gave her some medication so you only have a few minutes to talk before it takes over and she' ll fall asleep." he explained.

I nodded and entered, it was upsetting to see her like this, all broken. "Hey Mom." I greeted, I tried to force a smile, but it was no use.

She tried to smile, but winced in pain. I walked over to her bed and sat down in a chair next to her, then I took her hand in mine.

"Mom?" I was unsure if it was the right time to ask her, but I tried anyway. "Why do I have a twin?" I inquired.

"Oh... you found out," her face saddened a bit, but recovered. "Well, to tell you that I have to tell you what really what happened to your father."

I nodded for her to continue.

"To start off your father was the strongest and most kind-hearted I have ever met, so when we fell in love and got married, we both decided to have only one child, but when we found out that there was going to two, we were just not ready to handle that much, so we divorced after I delivered. And each took one with us, I got you and your father got Jocelyn. And you.... remembered when....we moved, right?" signs of the medications were starting to emerge, so she hurried and finished, "Well your father and I were still contacting each other and when he found out you were going to the same school as Jocelyn, he warned me, but I ignored it.....I.... should've.... listened...."

Her eyelids finally gave out and she fell asleep, after that tears started to trickle down my cheek. I tried to keep myself from crying again, but it was getting harder and harder.Then I heard someone step into the doorway of the hospital room. I spun around to find Aaron leaning against it.

But I didn't waste time wondering how he found what room we were in, and before I knew what I was doing, I threw myself into his arms. And let myself break down again, I felt like a little child in his arms, I was falling apart right in front of him, but I was too upset to care.

I calmed down as he tried to coaxed and comforted me.

"Shh.... it's okay. How's your mother doing?" he questioned after I stopped hiccuping.

I shrugged and said, "T-they're not s-sure."

"Well I'm sure she'll be fine," he said as he rubbed circles on my back.

We sat down on the couch that was available in the room, I positioned myself so that my head was resting on his chest. I could hear his heart beating through his chest. Then I looked up into his dazzling eyes and said, "I want to thank you, I don't know what I'd do if you weren't here to help me."

"Well it's nice to know that I'm needed," he smiled at me gratefully and put his arm around me.

"But why? Why are you being so nice and helpful and caring and thoughtful?" I gave him a questioning look.

"It's because I-" he was cut short by Jocelyn and a man, who I assumed was her father, rushing into the room.

"Hey Elena,  how's....um...I guess...mom?" she awkwardly stated. I, too was a little uncomfortable about her being my sister, but gave her an answer, "She has some serious injuries and they're not sure if she'll be okay."

"Ok..., oh, hi... Aaron, right?" she turned to Aaron, who still had his arm around me.

"Woah, you guys look scary alike," he replied, looking back and forth between us.

"Yea, we're kinda twins," I explained.

"Well, that explains a lot of things," he replied as he withdrew his arm. I felt a bit disappoint, I liked the feeling of his arm around me. "Well, looks like you got family to keep you company."

He got up and off the couch and headed out the door, but not before turning around and saying goodbye. I didn't want to be left alone with people I didn't really know, so I got up and went after him.

"Hey! Aaron wait up." I quicken my pace until I matched his.

He gave my a surprised looked, "Shouldn't you be with your family?" 

"Well, I just found out that they were my family 15 minutes ago when I was talking to my mother," I responded, "And I needed fresh air anyway." I quickly added.

"Now that you're outside, wanna take a walk with me?" he held his arm out, gesturing for me to go first.

"Oooh... what a gentleman," I joked as I continued ahead and he followed after.

The streetlights from above flickered and buzzed as we strolled in the middle of the road. It was at least midnight, so there weren't many cars around to worry about, but if there was one coming around Aaron would warn me of it.

It was amazing how though, he would tell me a car was coming and it wouldn't come until a few minutes later, it was like he had super hearing, it was really interesting.

We went a little bit further down the road until we came to a certain point and turned around and went back to the hospital. The silence was uneasy at times, but I've grown used to it.

"You still didn't answer my question earlier," I muttered loudly.

"Hmm, oh that, yea it doesn't matter," he said nonchalantly.

"If it doesn't matter then why won't you tell me?" I hated it when people did that, I would ask them something and they would say it didn't matter. If it didn't matter then why won't you tell me?

I was deep in thought and off to the side I heard Aaron say something, but I couldn't catch what he said.

The ring of my phone brought me back to reality, I shook my head and reached for my phone. Danny had just texted me.

"Where r u? I came back from the cafeteria and you werent there and who r the strangers in mom's room? Btw its getting late can u drive me home?"  the message shone brightly in the night sky.

I had completely forgot that Danny left to get food and was still back in the hospital, so I quickened my pace and hurried back to the hospital.

"Elena?" Aaron's voice called out and stopped me in my tracks, had forgotten he was still walking with me. I've been so forgetful lately, and I don't think it's good.

"Oh sorry, I have to get back to hospital." I just left him hanging and began jogging.

I don't know how, but the minute I started to jog, Aaron was right there behind. I could've sworn he was at least 3 yards away before. He stopped in front of me and asked, "What's going on, you just left me hanging there?"

"I have to drive Danny home, it's getting late," I shrugged off his question and continued towards the hospital.

Once I was back at the hospital, I found Danny and we left to go home. And again I fell into deep thought as I exited the parking lot and began driving home, I went over the things that just happened tonight. I found Aaron in the park and he was comforting me while I was worried, my mom was just in an accident, and  I found out Jocelyn is my sister.

But at least my mom is going to be okay and this night couldn't get any worse, but I wish I didn't just say that if I knew what was going to happen.

Oooh a cliff- hanger, i hope u liked the chapter and sorry it took me so long to upload, I was on vacation! Well dont forget to vote, comment, and fan!

Peace :)