Chapter 5- Never Been Introduced

I have never thought this week will end up like this, messy, war and full of complications.  A lot of day dreaming at the caffè, memories from the past. It is just almost two months that Aey and I mutually called it quits, but, how did it manage to be such a major dilemma for me, I would not know the answer and I guess it will never be known.

Sitting here again with Ruby; My foreign-shoulder-to-lean-on, telling her my thoughts and what had happened last night. It really is nice of her being so approachable yet absurd for me sharing my story with her. Perhaps I am abusing her ears to just let my thoughts out of everything that is going on with me that I can't share with my family and friends. The secret that  no one knows that for 3 years I had have hiding my relationship in the past. Out of everyone, I chose it to be Ruby. My only ear.

"O......k...." Mouth wide open. Ruby staring at me wide eyes. "Are you for real? I don't want to go down with all these "sex in the city"..." She is air quoting her "sex in the city" mistake when I raise a finger in front of her and interupt to correct her.

"Sex and the city you mean?" I chukle.

She gave me a smile and says "Ha! playful are you now? I don't care if it's even Dora the Sex-plorer 'right? We've talked about this." I laughed with her making names. "Look I have to go, I had a great time listening to your Kamasutra and stuff but I hope next time, will be different ok?"

I nod. "Alright, unless..." I tease. It is funny how she really feels uncomfortable talking about this on public. Maybe we really don't know each other, I don't even know why I have too much confidence with her.

"No!" Waving her index finger frantically on my face. "No kamasutra!" She stopped and realizing her squirming and yell louder than she expects it to be, making other customers in the caffè turn their heads on us. "Fuck, fuck, fuck," she whispers in the air.

"Alrighty then, No to Kamasutra!" Yelling louder than her and raising my fist in the air just to lighten up the crowds doubtful look. I stood up "For thesis! Yeah". I leaned my fist on her and whispered "Don't leave me hanging, fist bump me" It sound more of a command and she oblige right away.

"Yup! No kamasutra for thesis." She finally exhaled and whisper "fuck, you are crazy! I got to go. Bye." Clearing her table, she sends me a wink and a shy smile.

As Ruby is walking her way out of the cafe, I notice that I really have no idea who she is. I kept on calling her Ruby all this time making myself fully aware that I am bad of approaching people. Well I will still see her and definitely, definitely. Formally introduce myself to her.

Perhaps she is right, I sought solace on her.

It is almost three o'clock in the afternoon, Ruby left and I need to know where David is. We do need to furnish our thesis up and we are good. Just some practice and memorizations would not hurt for good grades. Yup! right good luck to that!. I brush the thought of my back in the very end of my  brain and carry on.  I take my phone out from my bag and check my messages and search for David's name and something flash on my mind, the message. From her.

I have not responded on her message yet, hoping this will end smoother. Hope. I sighed after the thought came back on mind and decide to respond on her, now.

*;*;*;*;*;*;*;*;*:*;*;*;*;*;*;*;*;*;*;*;*:*;*;*;*;*;*;*;*;*;*;*;*:*;*;*;*;*;*;*;*;*;*;*;*:*;*;*;*;*;*;*;*;*;*;*;*

'Hey! Yea I got your message but you don't need to be this rude and have everyone around me get involved. Thanks for returning those books and I hope you have a good one. Please, let's end this'. I huffed, thinking twice if send it or not.

I pressed send. I am trying to reach David but he seems to be so occupied and can not answer on my first call. I hop off my chair and put my phone on the back of my jeans' pocket and bring my mug for some refill on the counter while still trying to make David answer his phone quick as possible. He is late.