Chapter #8

~Gaara’s POV~

“Bring it on! I’ll block everything you’ve got to throw at me and destroy that ultimate defense all at once!” Adira said standing in her fighting pose.

“What happened to her eye?” Kankuro asked standing on your right.

“It’s some sort of kekkai genkai.” Temari said and Adira smirked at the Uchiha.

“What’s the matter Sasuke Uchiha? I thought you wanted to fight me?” She asked in a sweet voice.

“Come at me then.” Uchiha said bracing himself.

“What’s stopping you? Not afraid of a little girl are you?” Adira asked coolly.

“The Cagura clan,” You started and Temari and Kankuro looked at you. “They are truly something else.”

~Shiyuri’s POV~

You could not believe Adira. The fight had barely begun and she was already using the first stage of your kekkai genkai. You were supposed to keep it secret until you had no other choice. Oh but Adira has to use it right off the start. She’s completely taking away the object of surprise for the Chunin Exams. The dingus. You sighed and crossed your arms. Maybe she’d keep most of it secret. Adira slid her hand over her shoulder and grabbed the handle of Saber. It was her beautiful sword laced with fire and ice designs around the base of the blade. Saber was brilliant silver blue, matching Adira’s eyes, and the Cagura clan crest was engraved near the middle of the blade. Saber was very unique and only Adira could use it. As soon as her finger’s coiled over the handle of the sword, it became visible to everyone. Only the Cagura clan could see it unless Adira’s hand was on it. Sasuke took a step back in surprise while Adira pondered over using Saber.

“You know what; I’m not going to give you the honor of seeing Saber in action.” She said and let go of the handle allowing it to disappear. “It’s too good for you.” Sasuke growled and ran at her. “Here we go.” She said and braced herself.

~Adira’s POV~

‘Come on pretty boy,’ You thought. ‘Show me what you’re made of.’ Sasuke threw his arm forward expecting you to block it. You grabbed it and flipped around behind him, kicked his feet out and went to flip him to the ground. He reversed it by cart wheeling out of it. He came back around and ducked under your fist. You spun to your right as he tried to punch you in the gut. This carried on for a little while, reading each other’s movements and avoiding punches. The only difference was that Sasuke was trying to hit you and you were playing around. You were flipped backwards twice and returned to a fighting stance. Sasuke stood breathing heavily and you smiled. “Not tired yet are you?” You asked creeping under his skin. You heard a wolf whistle nearby and you both looked. Besides the three sand ninja watching the match, there were two other teams acting as your audience. Shikamaru was one of the teams standing between a wide boy eating a bag of chips and a girl with long blonde hair. Beside them stood a girl with short purple hair, a boy with dark sunglasses, and a boy with an Eskimo jacket and a dog on his head. The boy with the dog wolf whistled again and nudged the boy with dark sunglasses.

“Are you watching this, Shino?” He asked casting his eyes back and forth between you and Sasuke. “Uchiha is getting his ass kicked by a girl!” He added on with an adorable chuckle. You rolled your eyes and looked back to Uchiha. His eyes were closed and he wasn’t even facing you. You ran forwards with chakra starting to swirl around your fist.

“Don’t close your eyes!” You yelled throwing your fist forwards just as Sasuke looked at you. Your fist connected with the side of his face and he was thrown backwards. He landed about 20 feet away from you and you lost sight of him in the dust. You put your hand on your hip boredly. This Uchiha was hardly a challenge. You heard another whistle and glanced back to the boy with the dog to see him smirking at you. He was really cute even with his hood covering his hair. You looked back to the dust just as it finished clearing. A log was lying where Sasuke should have been. You raised an eyebrow. “Substitution Justu.” You stated and glanced around you. “Hmm…” You thought out loud. “Where did you run off to?” You took a few steps forward and felt someone’s hand on your shoulder. You tried to spin away but you were flipping through the air before you could even blink. You felt several hits and then you were slammed into the ground with Sasuke’s foot connecting with your gut. “Lion’s Barrage!” Sasuke yelled finishing his attack. You sat dazed for a moment and then sat up mechanically. Sasuke was standing about 15 feet away from you with a smirk plastered across his face.