Chapter #6

~Next Morning~

A loud beeping noise erupted by your ear and your hand shot out from under the covers and grabbed it. You exploded from the covers with your hair in disarray and your clothes bunched up and unstraightened. You looked at your alarm clock in disbelief. It was 6 in the morning.

“Like hell I’m getting up at 6 o’clock!” You said and hit the snooze button. The alarm just continued on beeping. You hit the snooze button again with the same result. You turned the switch for the alarm with no luck. “Turn off!” You yelled and shook it like a magic 8 ball. You hit the side of it a couple of times but it just kept on beeping. “Ugh!” You screamed in frustration. You jumped up and stormed over to the window. You grabbed the handle and pulled on it. The handle broke off. You threw the handle to the ground and yanked on the window. “Open now. Please.” You whimpered as the alarm clock continued to beep relentlessly. You lost all your strength and slid down to your knees just as the alarm stopped beeping. You looked at it in amazement and flipped onto your butt leaning against the wall. “As if that just happened.” You said looking at the alarm clock beside you. You sighed and turned away from it. You couldn’t believe that your alarm clock had actually woken you up at 6 o’clock. It was unbelievable. Suddenly, the alarm started beeping again and you slammed your fist down on it with all the strength you could muster out. It made a strange noise and then your smashed alarm clock was silent in pieces.

~Later~

~Shiyuri~

Your alarm clock went off at 9:45 just like every morning. You shot your hand out from the covers like a python and turned it off. You stayed still for a couple minutes and then slowly sat up. Your comforter fell off the side of your head and you yawned stretching your arms up above your head. You stood up and pulled your boxers down a bit since the legs were all bunched up and then walked out of your room straightening out your tank top. You went into the bathroom and set up your shower. It was 10 o’clock now so you went into Adira’s room to wake her up.

“Wake up Adi.” You said in a motherly tone. Adira grumbled and threw the comforter over her head. “Come on Adira.” You said already becoming impatient.

“Too tired. Sleep now, get up later.” Adira’s muffled voice said through the blankets. You made a noise of frustration and she pointed at the floor beneath her window. “I need a new alarm clock. Mine’s defective.” She said. You looked at the destroyed hunk of machine and your jaw dropped.

“What did you do?” You exclaimed and walked over to the destroyed contraption.

“I told you. It’s defective.” Her voice reasoned.

“So you destroyed it?”

“Well, yeah. What good is it to me broken?”

“It wasn’t broken!” You snapped at her.

“Yes it is.” She said pointing at it again. The covers remained on her head.

“Well it is now!” You grabbed the end of her blankets and yanked them off of her. “Get up.” You grumbled and left the room.

~Later~

After making your breakfast, you cleaned the dishes and looked at the clock. 10:30. You smiled and walked out of the kitchen to your room. On the way, you passed Adira’s room and stopped up short just past the open doorway. You took two steps back and seen Adira passed out half on and half off her bed. Your face turned beet red in anger and you gulped in a huge breath of air.

“GET UP!!!” You screamed and she jumped up off her bed and fell onto the floor becoming entangled in her covers. You fumed in the doorway as she scrambled to her feet and straightened out her shirt.