Chapter #2

~6 Years Later~

“Adira Cagura.” You looked away from the clouds back to Brawn boredly. “At least pretend to be paying attention.” She said.

“Alright.” You said and watched Shiyuri and Mikana continue sparring. It had been over six years since that day. It still felt like yesterday to you though. You remembered every moment, every emotion, every ounce of betrayal and devastation so vividly that it always haunted your thoughts. Even now, after traveling all the way to the Hidden Leaf Village for the Chunin Exams, it was at the forefront of your mind. You knew Shiyuri felt the same but neither of you ever spoke of it. Partially because it was too painful for both of you but also because you couldn’t take that your last words to Keiko were ‘I hate you’.

Shiyuri knocked Mikana to the ground and pinned her there. Mikana admitted defeat and Shiyuri cheered in victory.

“Alright! Shiyuri Cagura emerges victorious again!” She yelled happily and gave you a thumbs up. You rolled your eyes and laughed. “Let’s get some ramen! I’m starved!” She added running down the road with her arms up in the air. You laughed harder and walked behind the three of them. When Shiyuri reached the end of the street she stopped and waited for the three of you to catch up. “So? You’re buying right Adi?” She asked sweetly.

“When did I agree to this?” You asked cocking your head to the side a bit.

“When I won?” She asked still seeming innocent. You sighed and rolled your eyes.

“Fine. I guess I’m buying.” You said annoyed. Shiyuri smiled and skipped ahead of you until she came to a sudden stop looking to her right. “What’s the matter?” You asked turning the same direction. A boy in a black jumpsuit, with purple make-up and a strange cat ears hat was holding a boy in the air by the front of his shirt. A blonde boy sat on his butt looking at them obviously hopeless. You assumed he tried to use brute force and ended up failing apically. Beside him was a girl with long pink hair. She looked just as hopeless in the current situation. “Shiyuri, stay out of it.” You warned just as the cat boy pulled his fist back to punch the young kid.

“Hey!” Shiyuri yelled stomping over to him. “How dare you threaten such a young kid? Put him down!” You put your fingers to your forehead and shook your head.

“You just couldn’t stay out of it could you?” You asked mostly to yourself. Brawn put her hands on her hips and sighed.

“Will you take care of this Adira? Mikana and I are going to the ramen shop.” She said.

“Yeah Brawn-sensei. I can take care of it.” You said starting to walk over to them.

“Don’t kill anyone or break any property. See you two in a bit.” With that, Brawn and Mikana continued walking down the road out of sight.

“I make no promises.” You mumbled.

“Put.Him.Down.Now!” Shiyuri said getting right into the boy’s face.

“Or what? Do you think you can take me?” He said back as they glared at each other.

“I can.” You said with one hand on your hip and a bored and annoyed expression plastered on your face.

“Is that a fact?” He said dropping the kid and turning to you.

“I’m only stating the truth.” You said turning your gaze away from him. “Besides, being such an obnoxious, egotistical carni just puts you at a disadvantage.” The girl behind him with blonde hair put up in four ponytails chuckled. The boy growled at you and took a step forwards.

“I’m going to make you pay for that.” He said.

“In what? Blood, sweat, and tears? For blood, you’d have to be able to hit me, which you can’t. For sweat, you’d have to give me a workout, which you won’t. And for tears, you’d have to make me cry, and I’m all out of tears.” You said casting annoyed eyes back to him. “Did I miss anything?” The boy started moving to you and you mimicked his motions until a small stone connected with him and stopped him on the spot. All of you looked at a tree nearby to see a boy with ebony eyes, black hair, and a blue shirt on sitting on one of the branches. He was throwing a second stone up and down looking at the cluster of teens. Shiyuri came to your side to whisper in your ear.