Chapter Eleven

Um... Yeah. Hi. I'm posting another chapter even though I just posted the last one not even ten minutes ago heh um I have absolutely no reason for this...

Picture over there ~> Is of Dakota Goyo, aka Liam Miller :)

Enjoy Chapter 11 :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 11

>>Leslie<<

          The next day after school, my mom told me to do something I’ve hated ever since 7th grade graduation;

          “You need to go dress shopping.”

          I choked a little on my Pepsi. I’ve been thinking about the stupid reunion ever since my parents brought it up yesterday, and how I haven’t worn a dress in three years. I knew I’d have to buy one but I hate shopping. And if you put dress in front of shopping… Well, let’s just say in my mind, dress shopping is the equivalent to throwing up multiple times in a public restroom.

          “Mom,” I stated, clasping my hands together and staring at her with squinted eyes, “There’s some things in life you need to do, and there’s other things that you just want to do.”

          She rolled her eyes and was about to comment something sarcastic, so I continued on. “Dress shopping, for example; you only want me to purchase a dress, while I need to buy books and band t-shirts. You feel me?”

          “No, I don’t feel you,” Mom retorted, in an irritated tone of voice. “And I could say the exact same thing; you don’t need books and band t-shirts, but you need a dress for the reunion. Now, I’m driving you to the mall right now, okay?”

          I groaned. “Fine, okay, I’ll buy a dress. But you’re supplying the money and I may or may not go to the bookstore afterwards.”

          Mom drove Liam and I to the mall after dinner. She dropped us off and told me to text her when we’re done. Instantly, Liam ran off to the video game store, Warren trailing behind him. Charles came up beside me.

          “Do I get to help pick out your dress?” Charles asked, wiggling his eyebrows.

          I wished so badly that he was a real person, so I could shove him into the wall for being such an idiot. I bit my lip and smiled slightly. “I wasn’t planning on buying a dress.”

          “What?” Charles said, clearly confused.

          “I’m going to Hot Topic, and Barnes & Noble. Possibly Starbucks.”

          “Leslie, don’t trick your mom like that,” Charles told me. “If you keep putting it off, then you won’t have a dress and you’ll be forced to go in one of your mom’s dresses or something—“

          I shuddered at the thought. “Okay, your right. If your so gung-ho about the dress shopping, then tell me which store to visit first.”

          Charles and I moved over towards the mall map. He examined it carefully, rubbing his chin as he did so. He finally pointed to a name on the map, smirking towards me, and told me the name of the store. I’ve only been in that store a few times, so we went ahead to check out.

          Eventually, after two hours of looking through dresses, with Charles making sarcastic remarks about each and every one, I found a dress.

          It was white at the top, with faint lace features, and then below that there was a short turquoise skirt that stop mid-thigh. It only cost me, like, $80, so I still had some money left over. Of course I went to the bookstore, and I bought the prequel to the series I was just finishing up, plus some John Green books I’ve been itching to read.

          I texted my brother after buying the books, and he told me he was already waiting by the main entrance.

          Charles and I rode an elevator down to the first floor, and immediately saw Liam and Warren sitting down at one of the tables in the food court. I walked over to them.

          “Ha! She bought books!” Warren called out, before I was even at the table.

          “I know,” Charles replied, in a defeated tone. “I tried to persuade her out of buying them, but she didn’t really listen.”

          I rolled my eyes and sat down at the table across from Liam, and placed my shopping bags on the seat beside me. “What did you buy, Broseidon, god of the Brocean?”

          Liam shoved my arm. “Stop calling me that.”

          “Would you prefer Brotato Chip? Or better yet – Barack Brobama?” I teased, smirking at him. “Okay seriously though – what did you buy?”

          “Red Dead Redemption for Xbox, and some chocolate bars,” He patted his shopping bags, smiling at me. “Money well spent.”

          I texted my mom and she picked us up 20 minutes later. Of course, she made me show her the dress before we left the mall. She approved, and we left the mall.

          Later that night, I had trouble falling asleep for some reason. I had taken another dose of the serum, and usually that knocked me right out, but not tonight, for some reason. I think it was because I usually sleep listening to music, but I couldn’t find my earphones before bed. Also because my brother was still up complaining to my dad. See, as soon as we got home, my dad said Liam wasn’t allowed to play his new video game until the grounding was over. It was nearly midnight and Liam was still upset about that.

          I wrapped my pillow around my head and started singing a song in my head. He was being seriously annoying and his voice was drilling into my skull. I squeezed the pillow tighter around my head.

Unfortunately, that didn’t exactly block out the sound of my brother’s shouting, so I pulled out my iPod from my book bag on the floor.

          “What are you doing?” Charles asked me.

          I tried not to jump. It was completely dark in my room so I couldn’t see Charles at all, and that kind of freaked me out a little. I hadn’t expected him to speak, so that threw me off a whole lot and it scared me.

          “Just going to watch a movie or something until my brother goes to sleep.” I stated, opening up the Netflix app.

          “Ooh, are you going to watch Paranormal Activity? I love those movies!” Charles told me eagerly.

          I tried to pinpoint his location by listening to his voice, but it was kind of difficult. I gave up and replied, “How do you know the Paranormal Activity movies?”

          “I follow you around, genius,” He informed me sarcastically. “I’ve watched all the same movies as you have.”

          “Well, if that’s true, you probably should’ve remembered that I almost cried while watching Paranormal Activity, and I swore to never watch it ever again. I’m going to watch Rise Of The Guardians.”

          “Boo,” He complained. “You’ve watched that a hundred times.”

          “Well now I’m going to watch it for the hundred and first time.” I retorted sticking my tongue out at my invisible friend.

          “Okay, fine,” Charles sighed, giving in.

          I played the movie with the volume down low so my family wouldn’t know I was up. If they heard me talking to Charles, they probably thought I was talking in my sleep. Probably.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vote, comment & follow :)

~ Emma-Lea :)