Chapter Seven

OH MY GOSH GUYS I DID IT I DID IT I DID IT I DID IT  I WROTE 30,000 WORDS AND REACHED MY NANOWRIMO WOUD-COUNT GOAL IM FREAKING OUT THIS IS LITERALLY AMAZING OH MY GOSHH

*deep breath* ookay let's calm down a bit there aha so yeah, I reached 30,000 words (my word-count goal) and successfully completed NaNoWriMo. Honestly I couldn't be anymore proud of myself.

Here's Chapter Seven :) <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 7

>>Leslie<<

        My first class of the day is English, and usually it’s my favorite class. Unfortunately, today was a little different. All I could pay attention to were the ghosts milling around the room aimlessly. Sometimes they spoke to each other, and since they thought nobody could here them, they spoke as loud as they wanted to. It distracted me so much that I hardly heard the bell ring.

          I hardly talked to Charles the whole day. It was kind of awkward in my opinion. I mean, I know he’s used to being invisible and me ignoring him, but now that I could see him and I have already talked to him, it felt kind of weird just not speaking to him for nearly 7 hours.

          He did exactly what he said he usually does; follow me around without commenting on anything. He stayed on my heels all day, and sometimes even walked beside me.

          Honestly though, I felt kind of nervous. I had this stupid thought in my mind that maybe now that I could see my ghost follower, everyone could see Charles too. Or what if Charles randomly generated into a human boy, and people started questioning him? Or maybe people were noticing I was acted nervous and freaked out and they were whispering about me?

          All those thoughts swirling in my brain nearly made me pass out. I stopped walking to my locker and leaned against the wall to take a breather.

          “Are you alright?” Charles asked, looking concerned.

          I rubbed my forehead and eyes, trying to get my mind to forget all that untrue nonsense. “Yeah, I’m fine.”

          He didn’t seem convinced, but nodded none the less.

                                                +++

          After school, I had tons of homework for each of my classes. I had spent so much time focusing on ghosts, and only paying attention to ghosts, that I didn’t get any of my work done in class.

          I sat in my room at my desk, my English assignment open. We had to brainstorm for a narrative, about a life-changing event in our lives, twist it up a little and rewrite it as a story and also make it happen to a fictional character. I was so tempted to use my OC from my fanfictions, and make her get a serum that allows her to see ghosts. Unfortunately, that would probably make my teacher extremely suspicious, so I was dealing with writer’s block, trying to figure out a topic for my story.

          I knew what my characters names were going to be. That was it. I still had to figure out a plot, a setting, events, and so much more and it was due by the end of this week.

          I decided to skip it, so I moved on to history. We were learning about the Titanic right now and our teacher said once we’re finished the unit we can watch the movie from 1997. I’ve already seen it like 4 times so that was something I was not excited for. I was also not feeling like answering questions about it, so I turned towards Charles, who had been staring at me for the past half hour.