Chapter Ten

Yay, Chapter Ten is here ! Sorry it took so long; my brother hid the laptop on me and I couldn't find it.. But I have it now and that's all that matters :)

Picture over there ~> Is of Colton Haynes, aka Charles :)

Enjoy Chapter 10 :))

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 10

>>Leslie<<

          “Dad…” I trailed off, rubbing my forehead. I sat beside my now calm brother on the sofa, while my parents stood in front of us, angry expressions written on their faces. Charles and Warren stood off to the side, chuckling quietly. James and Sylvie – my parents’ ghost followers – weren’t arguing for once, and were watching us from the kitchen. “It wasn’t my fault! None of it was; Liam breaking the table, him blowing up cookie dough in the microwave, him feeding the hamster bubblegum…”

          “You were watching him!” My mom yelled. “You were responsible for what he did!”

          I gazed at my hands, a guilty expression taking over my face.

          “You were home, weren’t you?” Mom asked in a quieter tone. I simply shook my head.

          “Oh for heaven’s sake, Leslie,” Dad sighed in frustration. He folded his arms across his chest. “Were you at the bookstore? The library?”

          I shook my head again.

          He raised his eyebrows. “Hot Topic? Um… Linda, where else would she be?”

          Mom shrugged. “She hardly comes out of her room, how would I know where she would want to go?”

          “I had detention, okay?” I stated in exasperation. My mom, dad and brother all widened their eyes in complete and utter shock.

          “But you’ve never had detention before!” Mom said, a disappointed look crossing her face. A wave of pure sadness built up in my chest. “Why?”

          “Why what?” I asked very stupidly.

          “Why did you get detention?” Mom asked, giving me a very stern look.

          “I just… I didn’t get my history homework done.” I muttered. It’s not like I’m known for completing my homework immediately and getting good marks on it; hopefully they’d calm down once they realized I didn’t get into a fight or get caught with drugs or anything.

          “Okay, the both of you are grounded.” Dad decided. “No TV, computers or phones for two weeks.”

          See, that’s why I love when my dad gives out the rules of the grounding, because it’s so easy to find loopholes. For example; I could simply use my old iPod Touch to

1)   watch TV using the Netflix app

2)   access the Internet and all my social networking sites

3)   phone and text people, since I have iMessages on there and I have it jail broken

4)   listen to music

It’s like I’m not even grounded at all.

“Also,” Dad added. “You aren’t allowed to leave the house at all during those two weeks, unless it’s for school.”

          Liam groaned in annoyance. I had to suppress myself from shouting in excitement. These two weeks are going to by like a breeze; kind of like the first 16 years of my life.

          “On second thought…” Dad mumbled, before grinning an annoyingly dazzling smile pointed at me. “Leslie, you can attend the Miller family reunion with your mother and I next weekend.”

          “What?!” I shrieked, all my hopes, dreams, happiness, and excitement crashing into the burning pits of Hell. “You’re not serious, are you?!”

          Charles, Warren, Sylvie, and James – and also Liam – all burst out into horrendously loud fits of laughter. I glared at all of them, so they’d shut up.

          “Yes, that’s perfect!” Mom agreed, clasping her hands together. “Punish an antisocial teenager by forcing her into going to a social gathering! Brilliant!”

          My parents began to walk away, so I followed them screaming useless nonsense I hoped they’d actually pay attention to.

          “But, guys, seriously!” I yelled, desperately. “There could be people there, a-and I don’t like people, and people really don’t like me! It’s probably safer and better for me to just stay at home, with my fictional characters and band members that don’t know I exist—“

          “Leslie,” Mom interrupted me. “You’re coming to the reunion, and that’s final.”

          I stood in the middle of the hallway, not sure how I should be feeling. Upset? Angry? Anxious?

          I gave up and just went into my bedroom, locked the door and face planted onto my bed. I laid there for the longest time with my face shoved into my pillow. After awhile, somebody spoke;

          “Leslie, you’re overreacting.”

          Charles. Of course it had to be him. I groaned angrily into my pillow.

          “It’s just a family reunion…” He tried, collecting his thoughts for a moment. “Chances are, there’ll be so many people there, you could probably lock yourself in a room for the whole time and nobody would notice.”

          I sat up and looked around, trying to find him in my room. I noticed him floating above me, cross-legged, with his chin resting in his hands.

          “Plus, I’ll be there with you.” Charles added shortly after, giving me a small smile.

          I smiled back. “Thank you.”

          Just then, someone knocked obnoxiously loud on my bedroom door. I assumed it was my mom or dad, probably wanting to rub it in my face a little more that they were forcing me to leave the happiness that is my bedroom for once.

          “What?” I shouted, feeling too lazy to physical answer the door.

          The reply came from that of my mother; “It’s also a formal reunion, so yes, you’ll be wearing a dress for 12 hours straight.”

          I groaned. I was being forced to experience two of my most hated things in the entire universe; having to talk to old relatives I haven’t seen in years where the only conversation topic is how much I’ve grown, and dresses.

          And knowing my mother, she’s probably going to force me to wear heels as well.

          Life is cruel sometimes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vote, follow, & comment :)

~ Emma-Lea