Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine is here! I don't really know what to say up here today hmm.... Oh, I know! Are you guys excited for Christmas? I am. But not because of presents. Well, yeah, but presents aren't really extremely exciting for me anymore. This year, I'm focusing on writing some Christmas-themed fanfics. Like, for example, a FitzSimmons drabble where my two cute scentific bbys organize a secret santa on the Bus, and end the night by watching the Doctor Who Christmas specials. Also, a Hijack fic where those two adorable animated bodies of perfectness celebrate the holidays with ugly sweaters, hot chocolate and snuggling in front of the fire place. I'm also going to attempt to finish writing a 39 Clues Christmas fic I started last Christmas but never finished heh....

Anyways, enough about me and my pointless headcannons, and more about Chapter Nine of Tragic Magic! Enjoyy~

Oh, and one last thing; that picture of that stunning woman over there? Yeah, that's the faceclaim for Leslie Miller. Start picturing Leslie as her ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 9

>>Leslie<<

          Turns out, I got detention. The only thing I wasn’t able to complete was my history and my stupid history teacher thought it was scandalous that I actually prefer to sleep over doing my homework.

          I had to stay at school for an extra hour in the detention room to complete my history stuff. There were other people in the room too; mostly the rebel group, who passed the time by carving some unexplainable things into the desks with knives. I shivered.

          The room was never silent, though, because all the ghosts were shouting and laughing. Not to mention Charles was acting like an idiot the whole time. He kept on starting rap battles and dance offs with the other ghosts, and trust me, Charles could neither rap nor dance.

          I really tried to finish my history stuff, but Charles was being an annoying prick – and the fact that Liam was home alone right then – distracted me so much. I got about three out of ten questions done in the span of 30 minutes.

          Also, the other insane teenagers in the classroom kept trying to start up conversations with me. Most of them ended with me saying something really stupid, or me screaming in their faces that I was trying to finish some work.

          I decided to put my earphones in and blast some Suicide Silence to block out the noise of the classroom. Unfortunately, I got majorly distracted by the glorious sound of music, and forced myself to turn it off. I then gave up on my work all together; I’d just do it tonight, seeing as how the only homework I had tonight was my story for English class.

          I spent the rest of the time texting my really good Internet friend, Danielle. She was super cool and liked all the same bands as me. We Skype sometimes and text very often. We even plan on meeting in real life one day, but I don’t know if that will ever happen.

          Detention finally ended, and I had to walk home, seeing as how I don’t own a car and my bus left an hour ago. But at least I had the company of Charles.

          I began my trek home, the sun still in the sky and a slight breeze was in the air. My shoes scraping against the pavement was the only sound for a long time, until I finally spoke up.

          “You know, Charles,” I stated, folding my arms across my chest. “You really do learn something new everyday.”

          “What do you mean by that?” He questioned, raising his eyebrows.

          I shrugged. “Today I learned that my ghost follower is extremely terrible at rapping and dancing.”

          He let out a chuckle, and I laughed along with him for a bit, until he spoke again, “Well, today I learned that JFK could pull one hell of a freestyle.”

          My eyes widened in complete surprise. “John F. Kennedy was in the room?! How did I not notice that?!”

          Charles gave me a sheepish grin. “Well maybe if you weren’t so adamant on finishing that stupid history lesson of yours, you could actually notice some interesting things.”

          I was taken back for a brief moment, until I realized he must be joking.

          “I’m not kidding, if that’s what you’re thinking right now.” Charles mumbled sticking his hands in his pockets.

          I had to stop walking so he could give me an explanation.

          He sighed to himself. “Okay, not including me, what’s on your mind right now?”

“Um… The fact that my brother is home alone, I guess.” I supplied in confusion. “Speaking of which, we need to get home because he could be on a sugar high right now—“

“See, you worry too much!” Charles stated. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. “Liam is probably having a good time right now! Focus on other things, like that stray ghost kitten by that tree.”

I follow his gaze and saw a tiny transparent cat, scratching its back on a tree. It was probably the cutest thing I saw all day, but I was not going to let Charles and that kitten influence me into being a carless older sister. I had to pry my gaze away from the adorable kitten before I could say anything. “I’m going home. Stop distracting me.”

          “Is that all I am to you?” He asked incredulously. “A distraction?”

          “What?” I shrieked. “I never even said that!”

          “But I felt it,” Charles whispering, holding a hand over his heart. “In here.”

          A smile made its way onto his cheeks, and I realized he was just being an ass. If he was a living person I would’ve punched him so hard his bones would crumple into dust.

          We walked home silently, and it took us awhile due to the fact that Charles kept on rapping the whole time, so I ended up taking a wrong turn and got us lost. But we made it home before my parents got back, and that was okay for me.

          The bad thing was that Liam had the whole house turned upside down. I could hear a loud noise before I even stepped in the house, food was left everywhere, and to add to the loud music, he had Thor playing on the TV in the basement with the surround sound turned up all the way.

          Liam came running past me, not giving me a second look. Warren was on his heels, fists pumped into the air.

          “Woohoo!” Charles shouted, following Warren and my brother. I rubbed my forehead in absolute exhaustion. This was going to take a long time to fix up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vote, comment and follow me! <3

~ Emma-Lea :)