Chapter Two

Yay, another chapter because I got a sudden urge of productivity! Also because I wanted to be rebellious and break the rules. Yup, I didn't wait two weeks, I waited less than one week like damn somebody call da police.

A few things; I changed the title of the book from "As Good As Gone" to "Tragic Magic". I also changed a characters name -- Luke Miller was changed to Liam Miller, because I literally use Luke as the name for every little brother in every single story I've ever written, and felt the need to change it up.

This chapter is also kinda lame, I apologize in advance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Two

>>Leslie<<

          The next day, my mom had to go to the pharmacy to pick up some prescription pills. I decided to tag along so I could hit up the bookstore across the street, and maybe distract my mind from the fact that I was going to meet Edward Fitzpatrick. We got to the pharmacy, and I nearly died.

          Standing at the counter was Colton Dawson, the most popular guy at our school. He used to be dating Cassie, but from what I heard, Colton wouldn't attend a Taylor Swift concert with her, so they split. I don't understand why she would break up with him over that! Colton is insanely gorgeous, with his messy blonde hair, and his electric blue eyes. He's also hilarious and very athletic, although he's not very smart. She was obviously nuts.

          He was waiting in line for something, so I decided to stick around to see what it was.

          "Rash ointment for Colton Dawson." The pharmacist called out, coming out of a room with a white paper bag in her hand. She smiled and handed the bag to Colton.

          I covered up my laugh by coughing, but that didn't stop him from noticing me. "Leslie?"

          I turned dead silent, my eyes going wide. Colton Dawson knew my name. Colton freaking Dawson knew my name!

          "Um, hey, Colton." I attempted, a smirk making its way on to my face as I thought about the ointment. It was hard not to laugh. I mean, the golden boy of my school needing rash ointment? This was starting off as an exceptionally grand day.

          "Don't you dare mention this to anyone!" He told me, his cheeks bright red.

          "How could I not?" I joked. Did he not realize that I'm kind of a loser and if anybody actually heard me talk about this situation, they wouldn't believe me for half a second? "Colton Dawson, the most popular guy at school, desperately needs rash ointment. This could go on the school newspaper."

          "That's not funny!" Colton exploded. He thought for a moment, before saying, "I'll make you a deal."

          I folded my arms. "Okay, and what would that be?"

          "I'll do your homework for a whole year---"

          I cut him off. "Didn't you get 51% or something on the history test last week?" I questioned. He nodded. "Then you are definitely not doing my homework."

          "What if I save you a spot at our lunch table on Monday?"

          I snorted. "That's pathetic. But you know what would be great?"

          He rolled his eyes. "What?"

          "If you gave me $20 every week for six months."

          Colton's eyes got really wide. "What?! Are you insane?! That's like..."

          He began counting on his fingers. I grew impatient. "$480?"

          "Yeah!" He shouted, curling his hands into fists. "No way is that going to happen."

          "Then I'm just going to..." I pulled out my phone, then opened up the camera app. I quickly snapped a picture of Colton and his bag of ointment before he could protest.

          I showed him the picture. "I could easily hack into the school website and upload this. It's your choice; 20 bucks for me every week for six months, or infinite embarrassment for the rest of your life."

          He started biting at his bottom lip, trying to make up his mind.

          "Well?" I probed, smirking evilly.

          "Fine! I'll give you the money!" Colton sighed angrily. "See you on Monday."

          I waved, the smirk still plastered on my cheeks as he left the store. My mom nudged my shoulder, her eyebrows wiggling up and down. Oh God, I totally forgot my mom was here! Did she see the whole thing?!

          "You can't really hack into the school's website, can you?" Was all she asked, her arms folded.

          "There's a lot you don't know about me mom..." I attempted to sound somewhat mysterious, but my mom just chuckled at me. "Okay, fine, I can't really hack the website. But Colton doesn't know that and it's going to stay that way."

          We went home after that, and then it suddenly dawned on me; in just two days, my life has gone uphill tremendously. I was going to meet Edward Fitzpatrick. I got invited to a party. I had a conversation with Colton Dawson. Could my life get any better?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

New chapter every Friday!

~ Emma-Lea :)