Chapter 26

Both me and Jeff went over to see if John was ok...well we went over after we did what married couples do. And Jeff honestly looked a lot better afterwards. But anyways, we found John laying down flat on the bed staing blankly at the ceiling...just like how I found Jeff.

"Hey John. How are you handling all this?" Jeff asked.

John sighed. "As well as you can expect me to, I guess. What about you?"

Jeff glanced at me and smirked. "A lot better now ...thanks to Scar."

I playfully hit him, making him laugh. John rolled his eyes at us, but laughed too. He rolled over onto his stomach and stared at the floor.

"Maybe we could call your parents and fly them here to California to meet my parents...erm..I mean our parents." Jeff suggested.

John shook his head sadly. "They died in a car crash two years ago."

I gasped. "John, I'm so sorry." I said.

"It's fine. Ive been in my own ever since then. I miss them a lot but finding my real parents kinda fills part of the void in my heart. It just hurts to know they chose to give me up. I know they didn't want to and they loved me, but that doesn't make it ok."

"I know it doesn't." Jeff replied and paused for a minute, getting the look on his face when he gets an idea.

"I know that face. You have an idea." John stated proudly.

"Let's go out. Just us two brothers for a day, getting to know eachother. Ive spent my whole life as an only child. I want to know wheat it feels like to have a brother around."

"Sounds good." John agreed. "then maybe I'll go talk to your mom...our mom I mean...and get to know her."

"That's a fantastic idea."

"I guess I'll stay here and...do nothing?" I interrupted.

"Of course you can come with us, Scar. I wouldn't just leave you here all alone.". Jeff reassured me.

After a few more minutes, all three of us left the house and went downtown just to walk around and maybe go see a movie. It was quie amusing. Jeff and John both walked the same and did everything at the same time. If Jeff ran his hands through his hair John did too. And every step they took was in sync with one another.

We walked into a small cafe and sat down near the window. Jeff sat next to me and John sat across from us. The waitress came over and tooky our order. I ordered a caramel latte and both Jeff and John ordered a cappuccino with cinnamon.

"So Jeff, tell me about our parents. I want to know everything about them."

"Well, there's not much to tell. They're like any other parents."

I cleared my throat, reminding him of my parents. He smirked and out his arm around me.

"Sorry, they're like any other GOOD parents. Scar's parents were a little bit...cruel. But our parents are the sweetest people you could meet. While I was growing up, they'd do anything to make me happy. They even arranged for me to marry Scar, but that's another story. Ummm... What else. Oh! When I was about 1 years old, my fathers business boomed and now we're one of the richest families in America. Our mother has never worked a day in her life, but she's a wonderful mom and an amazing cook."

"My parents were the same way...except we weren't rich." John commented. "So, Scarlette, tell me about your parents. I'd like to know about you too, since you are my sister in law."

"Oh, there's not really anything to tell. Like Jeff said, my parents were a bit cruel...actually, they were very cruel. They hate me, they never wanted me, they're a pair of alcoholics who don't give a damn about anything but themselves, they constantly fight with one another, and they sold me to Jeff...but I don't regret them doing THAT. I love Jeff and I'm glad I'm married to him."

"Aww... Cute. Not your parents, I meant the last part was cute...you know what I mean." John stuttered. "So I'm guessing you hate your parents?"

"You guess right. And Clarissa and Bill and Jeff guaranteed me that I'd never see them again."

"So happy ending?"

"Yep."

The rest of the day went on with John and Jeff asking questions about one another, and occassionally asking me a few questions. John grew up much like Jeff. They both were quarterbacks on their school football teams, they were popular, and even got held back a grade. John wanted to become a math teacher and Jeff became and English teacher. The only differences were that John slept around with girls in high school while Jeff stayed away from girls because of me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N short chapter...I got bored of writing it, but the next chapter will be longer and more exciting...I hope :/