Chapter 25

We all flew first class to California this morning. John was amazed. He had never been in first class before. A couple hours later we arrived at Jeff's parents' house. We walked right in and found Clarissa And Bill waiting for us in the living room. As soon as Clarissa saw John, she jumped up and hugged him like inherent life depended on it. At first John was shocked and didn't know what to do, but he slowly hugged her back. Clarissa finally let go after a good five minutes and looked at John.

"Oh my god. You turned out to be just as handsome as Jeff. If it wasn't for your eyes, I might've confused you for him.".

"Ummm...it's nice to meet you too?" John replied, not knowing how else to reply to that.

"Ummm...mom? You wanna tell is how John is related to us?". Jeff urged.

"Oh yes. Please, sit down."

We all sat on the couch across from Bill and Clarissa. Clarissa and Bill were both smiling widely and couldn't take their eyes off of John. I could tell John was getting uncomfortable. I mean, having two people you just met stare at you is kinda creepy...

John cleared his throat, making Clarissa and Bill come out of their trans.

"I'm sorry. It's just...Im so sorry. I should've kept you." Clarissa randomly said, starting to cry.

"Kept me?" John asked, confused.

Clarissa nodded her head. "Jeff, you aren't an only child. You and John are twins."

"Twins!?" John and Jeff exclaimed in unison. Hmmm...they even sound alike.

"I'm sorry. I should've told you Jeff. I should've kept you, John. But back then Bill's business was just starting and we didn't have very much money. We could only afford to keep one of you. Please understand, it was the hardest decision I ever had to make. I couldn't choose who to give up. It broke my heart, but I eventually chose to give John up for adoption. I cried for days on end. Then about two years later, Bill's business got successful and here we are now...billionaires. We could've kept you after all John...but we didn't know back then. I regret ever giving you up. Can you ever forgive me?" clarissa cried.

John was silent for a long time, trying to process everything. Jeff was the same. They both had the same expressionless face and the look in their eyes showing they were deep in thought. It as actually quite funny...they've been separated since both, yet they act the same.

"why did you choose to keep me?". Jeff asked with no emotion.

"I let the nurse at the hospital pick. I just couldn't choose between my two boys."

"So you let a random stranger choose me for you to give up." Jeff stated.

"I'm sorry." clarissa said in barely a whisper.

"I need to lay down.". Both Jeff and John said in unison, while standing up at the same time. They looked at eachother.

"I'll show you to your room." Jeff told John.

"Thanks."

They both walked out of the living room and up the stairs. I watched them leave and noticed they both had their hands in their pockets, a look of shock on their face, and still looked deep in thought. They're almost identical.

"That didn't go too well did it." clarissa stated sadly.

"They just need time to process it, Clarissa. They'll be fine. You'll see." I assured her.

"That's right. Theyll come around when they're ready, sweetheart." Bill comforted his wife.

"I hope so."

"I think I'll go up and see if Jeff's alright." I stated.

Bill and Clarissa nodded their heads. I left them there and went u to Jeff's room. I went in and found him laying flat on the bed staing blankly up at the ceiling. I went over and curled up next to him. He wrapped his arms around me, holding me close.

"Are you ok?" I asked.

He sighed and looked into my eyes and gave me a small smile. "Yeah...or I will be. I just can't believe I'm a twin. All those years...they kept it from me. They never once told me I had a brother. I had always felt this void in my life that couldn't be filled. And now I know why. I was missing my other half...John. Mw don't get me wrong, Scar. You are my other half in life...I mean my other blood half."

I chcukled. "I know. You don't have to explain."

"Mmm. Just having you in my arms makes me feel better."

"Good. I'm glad." I snuggled in close to him. "I wonder how John's doing."

"If he's anything like me, he's doing fine. But not as well as me. He doesn't have the love of his life to hold and make him feel better."

"No, but he does have a twin brother to talk to." I said, hinting to Jeff that he should go talk with John.

"You want me to go talk to him." he replied in realization.

I nodded my head. Jeff kissed me and then started to get up. However, I pulled him back down and climbed ontop of him. "But first, I know how to make you feel even better." I whispered seductively in his ear. He smiled and pulled me down to kiss him again. Then he rolled me over so I was on the bottom.

"I love you so much Scar."

"I love you too Jeff."