chapter 18

The school day finally ended and now it was finally time to go home. After that incident in math class, everything was fine...more then fine actually. The whole school heard about my math class getting suspended so everyone got scared and stopped picking on me. "So are you excited to get married tomorrow?". Jeff asked trying to make conversation.

"Definitely. I can't believe we're getting married tomorrow."

"Neither can I.". He replied with a huge grin on his face.

...not really much of a conversation. A few minutes later we got home to find Clarissa waiting at the front door for us. We got out of the car. "Mom? What are you doing here?" Jeff asked curiously.

"Oh, I'm here to take Scarlette out. Scarlette, sweety, you're staying at my house tonight. Its bad luck for the groom to see the bride before the wedding. I have some of your clothes already packed and in my car. Say goodbye Jerf. Oh and Jeff! Your father and cousins are inside. They're throwing you a party. Don't go overboard, ok baby?"

"Alright Mom. Come here Scarlette." he said putting his arms out to me. He hugged me and kissed me goodbye. "See you tomorrow Scar."

"See you tomorrow, Jeff". We kissed again and i left with Clarissa.

That might Clarissa, a few of Jeff's cousins who were girls, and his aunts all went out to dinner together. It was fun.

The next morning was absolute chaos. People were running around like crazy, trying to get me ready for the wedding, trying to get themselves ready, making sure they didn't forget anything...blah blah blah. Around 11 o'clock, in the morning, it as finally time to go see Jeff!!! We all crowded into a limo and drove off to the park where the wedding would take place. Since its California, it's always sunny and beautiful out, making it a perfect scene to get married. The park where we were getting married was right next to the playground where we had first met. Romantic :). Thee arrived there and it was like a fairy tale. People had taken their seats and were waiting for the ceremony to start. Purple flowers of all kinds were all around. The chairs where white with purple ribbon tied to the chairs outlining the aisle, the bridesmaids dress were also purple...I looked like a princess. In fact, I looked completely different. Unrecognizable! Not a single piece of black showed on me...Im not saying i wasn't wearing black, because I was...underneath the dress. But Jeff will be the only one seeing that later ;)

The music started and the bridesmaids all walked down the aisle. Jeff's two year old cousin was the flower girl...he has a lot of cousins. Then it was time for me to walk down the aisle. I took a deep breath and carefully walked down the aisle, not looking at anything else besides Jeff, who was grinning uncontrollably. Jeff couldn't take his eyes off me. I FINALLY got to the man of my dreams and he took his hand in my hands.

"Who gives this bride away?". The minister asked.

"her mother and I do" my father answered. It was then that I noticed my parents were there. Suddenly, a wave of anger came into me. I glared daggers at them

Jeff turned my head back so he could look into my eyes. He stroked my cheek, trying to calm me down. "Hey, you look beautiful" he said sweetly and softly. "Don't pay attention to them. We're getting married, remember? This is your day. Not theirs". He said, referring to my parents.

I smiled and nodded. "you're right. Let's get married.". I said eagerly.

We turned to face the minister. I'm not gonna make you bored like i was by telling you everything the minister said that he had to, or the ring part , or the I do's...because i barely remember them. We chose not to write our own vows, so there's no point in telling you that...haha I know. An English teacher and a future English professor not wanting to write our own vows...we're just lazy. But anyways finally, the moment I've been waiting for. " You may now kiss the bride".