Twenty Two

Somehow Patrick talks me into staying another night so when I wake up on Sunday I'm cuddled up with Frank naked in his bed.

We didn't close the curtains so it's bright and I need coffee so I pull on a pair of boxers and go down to make some since everyone always needs some in the morning.

Two cups of very well made coffee later and still everyone's asleep so I go up holding my next cup to see what they're doing. Franks rooms empty so I go down the hall towards Pete's where I know Patrick slept with him last night but Frank comes out and shuts the door behind him before I can get there.

"Hey Frankie" "Hey baby" "I was gonna ask if people want coffee" "I'd love it princess" "I've got some made so I can go ask Pete and Patrick" "I don't think so baby girl, Pete's having a bad day and I think he just needs his best friend so maybe stay out of the way" "Oh I'm sorry" "Sorry for what?" "I don't know, being here and not knowing that he's sad" "None of that's your fault, we can't do anything so we'll just let Patrick work his magic. He's been there for him since they were kids so we should just stay downstairs"

Frank puts a firm hand on my shoulder and steers me down to the kitchen. I know Franks just looking after them but it really feels like I'm a delinquent getting thrown out of somewhere. "Should I leave daddy?" "No angel it's fine, I like having you here and we don't have much chance during the week. I'm sure it'll be fine and it's ok if it's just us" "I feel like I'm intruding" "No your not, if anything though I guess we both are. I've lived with them for a while but Patrick firmly kicked me out so this is where I'll stay for a while" "I'll stay with you then" "Ok baby, I'm gonna watch some Supernatural" "You like that show?" "Yup, too much time around people 8 years younger then me and I start liking teenager shows" "I like it too so let's watch"

We end up watching our way through about half of the first season then he goes to get some more coffee since neither of us want to cook or eat anything.

Finally Patrick and Pete come down when it's almost lunchtime. Pete super pale and looks even worse then last time and he's holding Patrick like a life line which I guess he might actually be for Pete. Patrick looks tired but he's smiling softly at Pete so I guess this is why he's so good at making Pete happy because they care about each other so much.

"Hey Patty do you guys want coffee?" "Yeah that'd be awesome Gee" "Ok I'll make some, I was gonna make us some more anyway". I quickly make up some more coffee and since they both look like they need it, I only put a tiny bit of milk in Pete and Patrick's.

"Here you go guys" "Thanks" Patrick sighs and leans against Pete and takes a sip "What are you guys planning for today?" "Not a lot, we were just gonna hang out and watch some stuff then I really need to go home before Mikey murders me" "Ok I think we'll do the same, except hopefully your brother won't murder us" "No that'll just be me"

Pete's like a child pretty much cuddling up to Patrick like they're attached at the hip and I don't know if it's adorable or kind of worrying. "Pete are you really ok?" "Yeah Gee, it's just a bad day" "I know I'm probably annoying but if you need anything I'll help, I wanna do anything I can" "You can't do anything, thank you though" "I just care so I don't wanna leave you sad" "I'll be fine, I just need Patrick, thank you for caring"

Pete seems to get a bit less pale and he seems a bit better so I'm glad at least Patrick can make him better and maybe all of us just hanging out makes him slightly better.

We all watch some more Supernatural and Frank makes some over cooked spaghetti for lunch. He's the only other one who can cook at all since Pete's not really in the mood so it's good enough.

"Gee" "Yeah daddy" "We should go somewhere" "Go where?" "I dunno just out" "A principal out with his student could be a bit hard to explain" "I know but I just wanna do something with you"

Pete sighs and reaches over to grab my wrist and hold it tight "Don't leave because of me, I'm sorry" "Why are you sorry?" "I ruin everything" "You don't ruin anything" "Today was supposed to be fun" "Then we'll make it fun" "I'm sorry" "Don't be, we'll just have a day inside or me and Frank can go out, it doesn't really matter"

I slide my hand down to hold his and squeeze it tight "We're friends remember, we'll do whatever you need us to" "Can you sing?" "Not well but I can" "Can you and Patrick sing for me?" "Of course" "It's usually just Patrick with Frankie playing guitar" "Well I happily will"

Frank runs upstairs and gets a really pretty brown wood guitar and puts it down on his lap. We awkwardly sit for a minute until Pete asks for Nirvana so me and Patrick attempt a very bad version of Teen Spirit. After that we try some TØP and random songs Frank says he knows how to play that we know some of the words to. It's a disaster quite honestly because by the end me and Patrick are screaming over each other but it makes Pete happy so it works. It's hilarious honestly and we have an awesome time making a complete fool of ourselves.

By the time Frank gives up and chucks his guitar away we're out of breath from singing and laughing. Pete's smiling again and when he lets go of my hand and takes Patrick with him to make lunch I'm happy to cuddle into Frank. "That went well" "Yeah it did, your a good singer baby girl" "I sucked then" "Well yeah but you have a pretty voice, you just need to learn the words to most of the songs" "Oh shut up" "Just telling the truth sweetheart"