Just started HS and two arrogant rivaling werewolves ALREADY wanna get down my PANTS! (Chapter 5)

Chapter 5

Kane's P.O.V.

I was getting dizzy. Whatever that amazing smell was it was driving my wolf instincts wild! I looked back over to Ranu only to find he looked completely enthralled by the mystery scent as well. I stumbled back a good 5 yards from Ranu to clear my head. I knew that my human friends were probably very confused as to why Ranu and I had wimped out like that, but I was sure my fellow werewolves were probably fully aware as to what had happened. I looked around me and by the looks on every ones faces I was sure my theory was correct. I still wasn't sure what was causing this heavenly scent but apparently Jeb and Eric did. "Kane?" I heard Jeb approach me "you ok there big guy?"

Eric finished in a whisper. "What Is that?" I asked still in a daze. I caught that Ranu seemed to nearly fall over in his daze, whether his daze had been caused by our scuffle, or the mystery smell I couldn't be sure. Some of his werewolf friends came over and helped him stand back up but they also seemed a bit star-struck. I finally managed to clear my head enough to try and figure out where the smell was coming from. "Kane are you ok? do you need to sit down?" Eric asked still concerned about my stableness. "No I'm fine! I just wanna know where and what the hell that smell is!" I said anxiously. "Dude you don't know?" Jeb asked.

I jerked around to look at him but moved to fast and nearly fell over. I would have if Jeb and Eric hadn't caught me and dragged me over to the lunch tables. When I got my head on straight again I immediately asked Jeb of what he knew of this strange phenomenon. Before he could answer Ranu stalked back over apparently awoken from his daze. He was still angry but like me his confusion and curiosity were over-powering the will to fight.

He had apparently heard what Jeb had said and had come over to find out what the perplexing enigma of the exotic aroma was. "You obviously know what the hell is going on so spill loser" he directed to Jeb. "Perhaps you should learn better manners first there Ranny" he retorted. I couldn't help but chuckle as the red returned to his face. "What did you say loser!?" he yelled. "You heard Ranny, he says you need to get some better people skills" I said to him with another chuckle. I watched his fists clench and I honestly thought he was going to hit me or possibly Jeb, but to my disappointment he controlled himself.

Behind him his pack and human playmates were coming towards us to back up their leader. Then to my astonishment, Mike, Ranu's right hand man me up behind Ranu and said "I can't believe you guys don't know what it is". Somewhat to my amusement, Ranu turned around and looked at Mike in bafflement. At least I'm not the only one here who has absolutely no idea what's going on I grinned and raised an eyebrow at Mike. "Well sense we're clearly ou oo the loop here Ranu ol' buddy perhaps Mikey here might be so kind to tell us just what that scent might be." I'm sure this must have baffled our human counter-parts, but at the moment mind was completely focused on this strange and alluring new fragrance. I suddenly realized just how faint it actually was. I blinked and a puzzled look shown on my face.

The smell is so faint but it's having such a strong effect on me I thought. This scent must becoming from inside the cafeteria where the lunches are being served, but I know that this scent is no food morsel I concluded. My thoughts were interrupted when Mike decided he wold continue. He sneered at me and I returned the favor, but when Ranu glared at him he resolved to shine some light on the mystery. "Well duh! it's the new kid of course!" he said with an eye roll at our ignorance. Both Ranu and I did and anime fall with a sweat drop. I jumped back up quickly and yelled "Your bloody joking!!!" Mike just smirked at our reaction and to my displeasure so did most of my pack, and even some of the humans (mostly males I noticed) smirked when they heard the new kid mentioned.

Ranu simply gawked at Mike, me on the other hand had had enough of this crap. "You know Ranny boy if you don't wipe that 'beastly' look off your face it might stick" I said with a smug look, infisising on the beastly part. He then turned his attention to me again and punched me in the face. Damnit! I had let my gard down I cursed to myself as I picked myself up wiping the blood from my nose. "That wiped the smirk off your face ey Katsugan" he said leering down at me.