Just my luck

Please Commet / Vote

Chapter3) Just my luck

   My dad and I were now on our way home. He had to come pick me up from school because I got suspended for 3 days. It was mandatory for a parent or guardian to pick me up, and there was no way in hell I'm leaving my truck here. To say the least, Ricky was furious when I walked up to him to give him my car keys. He wanted to march back in to that office and confess to everything while dragging Jake behind him. Of course I wouldn't let him though.

   "I'm sorry dad." I said for what felt like the thousandth time. I really didn't care whether he forgave me or not, since the end result will be the same either way. I was sitting in the back seat, I wouldn't sit on the right side of a car ever, and that included the passenger seat. So I was basically talking to my dad's hair.

   "Oh really? Then why are you the one who was suspended? If your so sorry, then why are sitting in this car and not at a desk at your stupid school?"

   "Well...."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Do you know how hard it is to punish you when you are not even the one at fault here?" Mr. Jones asked me.

   "How could you know I didn't start it? You weren't there to witness the first punch. I might have very well started the riot slash food fight. Like I said, you couldn't know. See, I even have a bruise  forming on my knuckles."

   There was no way I was going to tell him the truth. Ricky needs that scholarship.

   He looked at my hand and then up at me. "Really, Leah? For all I know you could have punched a wall to make it look like you did something. Its the first day of school and you are already taking the blame for things you haven't done. And don't say your not because I know you are. And its your third time in here because of a school riot, which means I have to suspend you. Do you really want that?"

   "I thought because its a new school year, my record restarts or something. Like a clean slate" I challenged him. He sighed. "Thats usually the case, but for minor thing. Like ditching class or getting a bad grade. This was a full on school riot, Leah! And not the first one you supposedly started either."

   'I didn't know that. Crap my dad is going to kill me.' Seeing the realization on my face, Mr. Jones asked me one more time with a little hope in his eyes. "Who are you taking the blame for, Leah?"

   To answer is question, I just stayed quiet. Sighing a sad sigh, again, the hope vanished from his face. He then said "Fine. I have to call your Father. He has to come pick you up because you have to leave school property immediately."

   'Double Crap'

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   "Because I told the principal I did it." I said

   "Well because of your 'heroics' I had to leave a very important meeting to pick your stupid a$$ up from school. And you won't have a car till your gay lapdog drops it off so now I have to pick the twins up. I might lose a very important client because of you!"

    "Don't speak of Ricky like he is some Freak. He is a good man, more then I could say about you." I could tell I was in deep s*** now, but it didn't matter. I would have been 'punished'  tonight anyway. "Just drop me off at there school so you can get back to your stupid job. We wouldn't want you to have a bad mark on your perfect record now would we?! Better yet, just stop the car and let me out here!"

      Slamming on the brakes he told me to get out. "With pleasure"

   "You will still be punished when I get home tonight , girl." Was his last statement before driving off. Like I didn't see that coming.

   "AAAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!" I screamed to the sky. My scream must have triggered something because at that moment, clouds started to roll in. "You've got to be kidding!! Thank you! Thank You so much for adding a stupid stinking storm to my already messed up day!! Just what I needed!!" I screamed to nobody in general. After kicking a metal fence that I was standing next to a few times, I  started walking go my siblings school.

-             -                 -             -               -              -                -                -                -     

   Once me and the twins got home, I made both of them change there clothes. They were both soaking wet. Stupid weather trying to make us all sick. I'm still super pissed from what happened earlier, and the weather seemed like a good punching bag. Figurative speaking.

   After getting dressed myself, I headed to the kitchen to make dinner. My route was detoured, however, when I heard the front door bell ring. Opening the door I found a soaking wet Ricky, on his knees, holding a bouquet of flowers, and 4 boxes of pizza.

      "Please forgive me for being an overprotective brother. It will never happen again I promise."

   Realizing it was still raining cats and dogs outside, I quickly pulled Ricky up and into the warm house.

   "Why exactly are you apologizing? I'm completely confused."

   Setting down the pizzas, Ricky turned to me, got onto on his knees again, took my hand in his free one and said "For being such a moron. If I hadn't tried hitting Jake, then the riot wouldn't have started, and you wouldn't have been suspended from school. I also am super stupid for listening to you and letting you take the blame. I am not sorry about jumping Jake after school though and then leaving him there to buy my girl flowers and pizza." He said the last part of speech with a smirk on his face.

   I was speecless. But I had to say someting right? "Your getting my floor wet, Ricky."

   He scoffed and gave me a dirty look. "I put my heart and soul into that speech and all you can say is 'Your getting my floor wet' to me! Really?!"

   "Um... Your forgiven?"  It came out more like a question.  "Oh and thanks for the pizza. I didn't want to cook tonight." I said with a teasing smile.

   Rolling his eyes at me, Ricky handed me my flowers and ran up stairs to get the kids for dinner. I quickly got a vase and put the flowers in them.