Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Sunny Taylor

I grabbed my suitcase and went to the designated pick-up area, looking around for the girl in the picture Bo sent me. She confiscated my phone since apparently it was too risky and traceable. I would have to rely on Angie for communicating with them.

I tightened my grip on my suitcase handle every time someone walked close to me, and I knew that in a place like New York City I would need to be braver.

I glanced around again before seeing her and feeling a slight relief to see someone I knew wasn't a threat. She was wearing a yellow blouse and a cute gray skirt, and a pair of yellow pumps. She had on a gold locket and a plain black purse. Her brown hair was straight, and her caramel skin was flawless. She was absolutely stunning.

She saw me and smiled widely, gesturing me over. I cautiously approached her, and she enveloped me in an unexpected hug. I wrapped my arms around her politely.

I pulled back and she did the same, before holding out her hand with a big smile and saying, "Hellohun! My name is Angie!"

I smiled sadly, her accent reminding me of Bo. I shook her hand and said, "I am Sunny. I am really thankful that you are kind enough to open your home to me."

She smiled down at me, the pity hidden deep in her smile, but just shallow enough that I was able to find it. She grabbed a couple of my bags and said, "No problem cutie. Any friend of Bo's is a friend of mine."

I smiled lightly and followed her, my breath stopping when I saw my new and unfamiliar surroundings. It was beautiful, but all so new and different. I didn't know if I was safe here. I didn't know if I could trust the people here.

I followed her to her bright green beetle. It was a really cute car. We put all my bags in the trunk and the backseat, and I sat up next to her in the front seat.

As we drove, she explained some stuff, but, like with Bo, I tuned her out. I took in our beautiful surroundings. She lived just outside of the city, the part with the skyscrapers, but she worked and went to school inside it, so I would be going to the city if I wanted to go with her.

When we pulled up to her house, I almost squealed. It was fairly small, only two bedrooms, and it was only one story. It had a cool front yard and small back yard, but it was cute. The front had stairs leading up to it because it was on a hill. It was yellow and had lights and chairs on the front porch and the house had a white trim.

We carried my bags in and I was amazed at how cute and well done the design was, inside and out. The small backyard had two swings and a Jacuzzi. It was really adorable.

She showed me my room, which she predecorated, and I absolutely loved it. The walls were aqua, and there were white lights in the shapes of trees, and the bed matched. It was small, but really cute.

I had a small dresser and a small closet, along with a nightstand. It also had a window, with matching curtains. It had a tiny bathroom with a shower and toilet and sink, which was also decorated accordingly. I turned to Angie, mouth agape, and asked, "How on earth did you decorate this so well?"

She grinned proudly and answered, "Aw, thanks. I actually work at an interior designer's office. I am slowly but surely moving up the ladder!"

I looked around a second time and said, "Well, you are amazing, so I have a feeling you will be moving up pretty quickly."

She lightly blushed and thanked me before finishing the tour. She showed me her bedroom, the kitchen and living room. Also the office, which was cute as well. Everything about her and her home could be summarized with cute.

I unpacked my things, which took me a half an hour, before sitting on the couch in my pajamas and petting my kitty.

Angie came over and sat next to me, also in her rather cute pajamas, and handed me a paper plate. On it was a heated up piece of pepperoni pizza, and I smiled at her and said, "Thank you, For everything you are doing for me. I really appreciate it."

She gave me a small smile and patted my leg, before saying, "It's no problem love, really. I am just happy I am able to offer you a safe environment."

A shiver started at my neck and crawled its way down my spine, like a breeze, as it made its way to my toes, where it halted and let the fear sink in just long enough for the darkness of it all to consume my thoughts.

Different scenarios danced in my head, making the doubt of my friends bloom like a flower in the sun, though there was nothing bright about it.

Was it possible that, whatever they were, they fed on humans? That they crept out in the night and fed on the soul of an innocent mortal?

I shook my head, trying profusely to drive out the thought that these people I knew as my friends were really just an enormity.

I bit my lip before opening a new tab and typing in what I needed to know, a search that could hold many answers.

People shifting to wolves

I pressed enter, and my eyes widened as I saw the links that came up. The word 'werewolves' was used often, and I wanted to smack myself on the head for not coming up with that.

I opened one link, and read on it, but the way it described werewolves was nothing like what I saw with Blake.

I bit my lip again, my eyes widening and my hands pausing from their rapid, nervous, movement that I hadn't even realized they were doing, when I tasted blood. I had been biting too hard out of nervousness.

I shut my eyes tight, opening them with a tear. I quickly closed the laptop, standing up and walking to the bathroom where I turned on the faucet and splashed my face. I looked up into the mirror, with my face and some hair dripping wet, my make up smeared, and dark bags under my eyes, and frowned. Was this what my life had come to?

I turned away, not wanting to see the weakened girl that looked back at me, knowing that her face would be crumpled and her eyes would be hollow with pain.

I twisted the ring on my finger, the one that Blake gave me, and my heart sank at the thought that I wouldn't be seeing him. I needed him.

I went back to the bed, putting the laptop back and snuggling under the covers, while holding Mittens to my side.

 I closed my eyes, and let the blackness wash away the pain, even if only for a bit.

Angie and outfit on the tumblr

House link in the comments and external link 

And her room is in the comments as well 

thanks babes

I appreciate you all! I promise longer chapters will come soon!

Vote on covers, and I have a few things for you to vote on. I will add a new update with all the voting thing right after this if you like?