Chapter 6

• Dedicated to To my cousin Beth for reading this for me

"Son of a bitch,"  I yelled at the TV as the hot chick turned around and stabbed the guy in the chest. Why did the good looking women always turn out to be evil and bitches? I changed the channel before I ended up breaking the TV and have to buy a new one. The last time I broke the TV was after What's His Name lost on Amercian Idol. Don't ask why, but I was already in a bad mood at the time when that happened. 

I flipped off the TV after going through all 300 channels and not finding anything good on and reached over for my book, when I realized I had left it in my bag that was still out on my baby. Was the book really worth getting up and going to get? No, but I did need to move my bike in since it was going to rain tonight. Throwing my dark hoodie on and grabbing my keys, I headed out the front door. 

It was getting cold early this year and I could tell that we would be getting snow. The last time I remember ever having snow was when I was 8 and school was cancelled. Dad had made me shovel our drive way and Lily's for her parents, since her parents were sick with the flu at the time. When her family was all better, Mr. and Mrs. Corey took Lily and me to Six Flags that next summer. 

I wonder if she still had that gaint bear I won her. 

As I started up my bike an Impala pulled up in Lily's driveway. I kept an eye on the car as I pulled my bike into my garage and walked back out to walk through the front door just to give me an excuse to keep watching. A short girl with blue hair got out of the driver's side, which surprised me. I was waiting for a guy to get out, not a small girl who looked like she couldn't even see over the dashboard. Okay, she wasn't that small.

The passanger's door opened and Lily got out but had to grab onto the hood of the car before she would fall over. When the short girl took one of Lily's arms around her shoulder I realized that she was hurt. I threw my bag through the front door and closed it as I rushed over to help.

Before I could say anything Lily looked up to see me. "Shit," I barley heard her say before she looked back down. I fought back a laugh as they continued to the front door.

"What happened?" I asked, opening the door for them and following them to Lily's room. Lily whispered something to the short girl and she nodded as she sat Lily down and left the room. I grabbed one of her pilliows and put it under her foot.

"Thanks," she said taking in a deep breath and closing her eyes. A few minutes later the girl and Lily's mom came rushing in with a bag of ice and a somewhat surprised look on Mrs. Corey's face. 

"How is she doing?" the short girl asked.

"Okay, I guess. I think she's asleep though," I explained as I untied her shoe and slowly pulled it and the sock off. Her big toe was blue and looked broken. 'What happened?" I asked as I took the ice from the little shrimp and gently applied it to Lily's toe. She twitched but went back to sleeping.

"We were leaving a party because we were getting bored and some drunk jerk stepped on her while we walking out. I gave her some painkillers on the way home," Little Shrimp said standing behind Mrs. Corey as she brushed Lily's hair out of her face.

"Thanks for your help," Mrs. Corey said to the little shrimp and got up to leave the room for something. Once she was gone I took her spot by Lily as the little shrimp watched me.

"You her boyfriend?" she asked leaning against the door way.

"No, just an old childhood friend," I explained as I caught the ice bag from falling off of Lily's foot. "You one of her friends?" I asked.

"A new one. It was luck that we met at the party," she said eyeing me. "Have we met somewhere before?"

I looked away from Lily and looked over at the blue haired girl, looking her over. Nope, don't know her. As I looked up to her face I froze. Her eyes were the color of mine, and I had my mother's eyes. "No, I never leave town and we know everyone around here."